Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Reaper

Harvest 2011 was great and I have the pictures (and produce which is all dried and canned) to prove it.

This year we got something new, carrots.
Larry and his eagle eye spotted a small patch that hadn't been harvested right before they were going to turn the soil over for the next crop. I'll have to admit, it was probably one of my favorites because it was such a suprise what you got when you pulled at those green tops. It could be a tiny baby carrot, a giant one or even one with many little 'tentacles'. We got three big buckets from just a couple feet. Amazing.
When I say we got there RIGHT in time, I mean it.
or in some cases hitched a ride.
At this point I got pretty busy and into picking things so I let Phillip take the camera for a whirl. Not too shabby.

I guess everyone convinced Willy to eat an onion.

Ha!
These are definitely pictures taken by a bunch of boys. I was off getting onions and I'm pretty sure it went down kind of like this: "Hey, Phillip look how far I can throw this onion"
"Let's see if I can hit someone with it"
"Onion power!"

Just my guess but I'm pretty sure that's how it happened.
I love the pics Phil got with Levi and Al though, he sure loves his uncles.
Cheese! It took a couple of suckers and fistfuls of goodies to keep Max from freaking out because this was all during his naptime. Grandpa was prepared though.
I took my camera back. I can only trust a group of boys with my camera for so long. Levi found a baby carrot. It was "so teute".
After we headed to Grandpas favorite burger joint.

They scarfed everything down pretty quick. Harvesting takes a lot of work ya know.

No comments: