Sunday, December 11, 2011

Stuff.

I'm working on getting stuff posted but I have been in insane work mode for the past 2 weeks. I haven't gone to bed before 2am, sometimes 3. It kind of feels like I have a newborn. Kind of.

I'm just going to let my fingers and mind go at it because I have visiting teaching in 10 minutes and need to get something written.

Levi has been gone since Wednesday. He's with my dad and his cousins in California. That spoiled kid. He went to Disneyland, Seaworld, had his first trip on an airplane. Lucky duck. I kind of wish I could have been there for his first time doing some of those things but in reality none of that was going to happen any time soon. And he got to be with his family.

I miss him terribly. The house is definitely quieter without him but I miss his hugs, his constant "I love you's", his asking me everything about everything. At the same time I have also been able to get a ton done with only one kid. So good and bad. I just can't wait to see him tomorrow (or the next).

After a 8 year absence of church choir, I have finally started going again. Weird to say that long, but I counted. I haven't done it since sophomore year at BYU. Then I went on my mission, got married (Jason wasn't a choir person and I didn't want to go alone), and I had kids and then NEEDED my Sunday nap. Now I still can kind of nap but get to sing. It's been good so far. I miss singing a lot sometimes.

I have some fun surprises for Christmas for the kiddos, friends and family. We'll see if I can pull it off. I wish I would have gotten started earlier on some of it. Last year I had most of it all done really early. Oh well. Live and you learn.

Got to go. I'm exhausted and never got my nap today. Only a week and a half of this craziness (well of staying up past 3 most for me). Ahhhh. But I'm not sick of making jewelry yet. Still fun, so HA!

3 comments:

Carly said...

I've been feeling super guilty that I'm not doing choir right now... it's been maybe two years... and doesn't look like I'm going to start again soon. I miss it... but with little ones it's just so hard. But eight years... yeah I could see me being able to go back after eight years.

Thanks for aleviating some of my guilt :)

Danielle said...

how fun for levi!!! and nice for you too during this busy season to have a little extra wiggle room. excited to hang out this week! :)

Eva said...

Hi Kendra,
I know exactly what you mean about choir! I've been missing it, but at this point my nap is so much more important to me. I'm planning on going back sometime… I'm glad to read that you have had that same issue. =) I'm happy that you are able to go sing again. =)