Friday, October 26, 2012

40 by 40

This is the last of my 'all about me' posts. Since it is a big year and I've been thinking about what I have been doing in the past 10 years I got to thinking of what the next 10 holds and thought of some things I'd like to say I have done. In no particular order:

***Note I made these as realistic, accomplish-able, and measurable as I could. I didn't want to go all general and say I want to be a kinder, more patient person.....because while I do and I will certainly  work towards it, it is not something I can measure. Also didn't do any house or craft projects, because let's face it, I could fill a list with those alone. Those will happen at some point.

Fitness
Complete a half marathon
No sugar for 30 days
Get to my goal weight and stay there a while....
Do Hood to Coast

Musically 
Be in a musical
Sing a solo somewhere else besides sacrament
Accompany someone on the paino
Learn 3 new songs on the guitar (first need to get a new one....)
See Wicked again, see at least 3 big musicals. One preferrabally in NYC
Sing at a Karaoke bar (or something of the sort) 
Sing in the Messiah again, not necessarily as a soloist

Random
Be in a studio audience (preferrabally price is right)
Ride a horse
Go to Cirque De Solis again 
Re make the cake/candy version of candyland gingerbread house but even better
Go shooting, could even be with a bow and arrow
Go out dancing like when I was a teen (probably a girls night thing)
Go rock climbing, indoor or out

Intellectually 
Get and read all the penguin hardcover classics http://www.us.penguingroup.com/static/pages/classics/hardcoverclassics/, working on Great Expectations and a Tale of Two Cities
Find a way to use and work on my Spanish
Read the standard works

Creatively 
Take a metalsmithing class
Take a photography class
Enter something in the county fair
Make a wedding cake
Make myself a dress/skirt/shirt. Haven't done that in years! 

Travel
Visit Bolivia (Cochabamba, Sucre, Punata) Chile and Peru
Palmyra and Kirtland
Go on a cruise
NYC baby!
Mexico
Go back to our honeymoon spot at the Columbia Gorge Hotel and have their awesome breakfast

For others
Do a present free Christmas and donate everything to others
Pay for someones meal without them knowing
Pay for someones groceries without them knowing 
Leave a $100 tip anonymously

With my boys 
Have a marathon day of all the superhero movies they can't see till they're 13
Harry Potter Marathon
Climb a mountain and watch the sunrise with them
Go on an overnight hiking or biking trip

There they are. We'll see just how many I can do, it's going to be a great decade.

No comments: