Thursday, October 18, 2012

Taking the Good with the Bad

As I said before, kindergarden is a whole different ballgame, things are way different than pre-school and from what I remember as a kid. Levi is loving it though. He loves learning and meeting new people. One of the things I have noticed during his month and a half attendance is that he comes home saying things I know I never taught him and that he doesn't get from the shows he watches or who he hangs out with. Not so much bad things, but a little less sweet. He says things like "Oh come ON guys!" and it's just the way he says it more than anything, slightly more sarcastic and rude. I'm not a fan but it is what it is.

The other day while we were walking home I asked about his day, who he played with and what types of things he liked to play, to which he told me he had a new favorite friend who he always played a killing game with and who love to play killing video games (again, not a fan). So we talked about it for a while and discussed how even pretending killing probably isn't the best choice and we talked about what other things he could do and suggest instead. The next day he promptly told me he suggested they play a cooking game and they did! And then he said he didn't want to play killing games again. I was so proud of my boy!

No comments: