Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Whole New World

We've been doing the whole school thing for over a month and so far it's all gone really well. I think the biggest adjustment has been the schedule and doing kindergarden every day and preschool for Mr. Max. The freedom was nice while it lasted!

Levi was SO excited (and still is) to be a kindergardener and surrounded by all the big kids.

On the first day he was just itching to get on that school bus.
 Showing off the new Nike backpack dad got him.
 At this point, walking to the bus stop at the end of the street, Levi tells me "You don't need to take any more pictures, you don't want to run out." Little did he know that I'd probably only taken half of what I ended up with.
Max insisted on wearing his new Nike backpack (it said "Air Max" so his was an obvious choice). Whenever he wears it I have to laugh to myself because he looks kind of like a turtle. It's so big on him!
Finally. He got to get on the bus. We met the bus driver, whose name is Connie and is such a nice lady, I couldn't think of a better bus driver. It was nice because we are the first stop and she gets there early so we had a little more time to chat. Levi felt comfortable right away, but I knew he would.
Bye buddy! I wasn't too nervous having him go, he seemed fine and he is really confident in situations like that. It was a little sad to see him go though because it meant an end of an era .
Max: no pictures! He did really well dropping off and everything but I think that's is because when we dropped Levi off at preschool he saw all the fun stuff and toys the kids were playing with and was mad we couldn't go. But a bus drop off as he says "Easy peasy, lemon squeezy"
Right after the bus stop we decided for the first time we would go to the school to make sure he made it and was ok.
Turns out Levi was the ONLY kid who rode the bus that day.
But he seemed perfectly fine, though I'm sure didn't understand where all the other kids were.
Note: After Levi went off to class, his bus driver took the kindergarteners to the door which they always do, I went home and freaked out feeling like I was the worst mother in the world because OBVIOUSLY I was the only mother who didn't drive her kid to school and take them all the way to their desks to get settled. That just made me worry about him the whole time he was gone, if he felt left out, alone, nervous.

But after I settled down a little bit I realized everything was ok. There was a reason I wasn't worried about it all the first place (before I found out I had not done what every other mother had) is because I know my boy and that he is perfectly fine and comfortable doing things on his own. He's a confident guy and he would be able to take it in stride. Which he did.

Since we live fairly close to school we walked to pick him up. He said he had a great day, his teacher was nice. I think the only thing that took a little bit getting used to was the amount of kids. I don't think he's ever been around quite a massive group of kids.

Here he is when we were done. He doesn't look terribly happy but that's not because he didn't have fun,
,
cause he did (at least he said he did and from all the smiles I'm assuming that's right)
but it was more because he was facing a playground full of kids and he wanted me to get the camera out of his face.
Here's the interview we did day of. Oh, Sister Thomas is our primary music leader. She totally bumped me out of his favorite singer spot from last year. Probably cause she's so awesome.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

That is such a cute picture of Levi at the end!