Sunday, August 11, 2013

Lake Trip - Hanging Out and Heading Home

 On the very last day of our lake trip it was just the four of us (well, technically five of us) and we decided to stop by the store and stock up on road trip snacks because we were doing the whole drive in one day.

We found a fun park to play at where they happened to be having a dirt bike competition. The boys loved it. Me too, it was so cute to see all those little guys, some Max's age, biking around the course. 
 And of course we stopped off at Cabellas just because it's there and they have lots of fun stuff to look at. For the first time we stopped off at their cafe area, mostly because I saw they had bufflo burgers and I love those.

The boys got the usual but for some reason Max decided he had to steal Levi's Cheetos while he was away (he saw dad do it and had to copy).
 Success!
 Max thought he was SO sneaky. I guess he was cause he didn't get caught.
 It was our last night in our room and for dinner Levi kept trying to sneak up to me and tell me to take Max's picture while he distracted him. For some reason Max hates when I take pictures of him on my phone. My regular camera is ok but for some reason he hates phone pictures.
 Max caught on because Levi whispering volume is definitely not a whisper.
 It was a decent drive home, not much fighting, lots of audio books, snacks and mini naps. We normally are in a rush to get off the road and get home but decided to stop off at the fish hatchery where the boys fed all the fish and were thrilled.

No comments: