Sunday, August 4, 2013

Lake Trip - Silverwood

One of the things 'The Uncles' wanted to go do while we were up there was go to Silverwood Amusement Park which I had never even heard of but apparently is well known. It's a big park and has lots of fun rides and a water park section.

Because Max was being weird on this trip, especially about food and that day was the hottest the whole time we were there. So I was mostly on Max duty, especially since he would ride only one ride. One. But he loved it and did it 10 times.

At first he was shy to get on but then he got into it. He is such a funny guy! I remember a few years ago he would go on all the little kid rides but now he is terrified of most of them. Sometimes he is completely fearless and with other things he is such a shy little guy.
So while Mr. Levi went off with Jason and the Uncles to ride the big rides (yes he rode a ton of the big ones thanks to the fact he's so tall and met the requirements) while Max went round and round and round and round on his white airplane. Which he refused to make go high. Silly boy.
Levi and Addison did it too but could only handle so much and then moved on.
I have a ton of pictures of Max, I guess I got a little bored while he went on it five times in a row (other times we would do it a few, then come back). Also I can't resist his cute little face. Those lips, those eyes....
He liked to just sit and watch the other kids. It was very cute.
Jason went on the Ferris Wheel with Levi. Max and I were doing something and everyone else was off.
The kiddie rides. Max ALMOST did this one. He even got in a helicopter but then when it came time to put his seat belt on he decided planes were his thing. Ah well, at least he enjoyed watching with me.
That is so long as I kept him supplied with water and Capri Suns.
After everyone did the ride thing and after we went to a magic show, which was probably the best live one I've ever seen, we headed off to the water park area. Everyone was extremely excited for all the water slides and other water related slides. Guess who wasn't? Yeah, Mr. Max. At first he said he wanted to go back to the airplane ride or do something else but I thought we should stop at the splash pad part on the way out. I took off my shoes and soon he did. Then he wanted shorts on and he was hooked.

Guess what his favorite part was? Yeah, I stopped counting when he went down it for the 25th time.

Later Addison and Levi joined in the fun but decided to try something other than the small red slide. I'll have to admit, it was a really cool area and if I lived closer I'd go a lot. After a few hours even Max got a little tired and needed a rest. He started just standing up and laying his head on my lap (so feet on the ground and head on my legs) where he slept like that for a good hour. I thought I'd taken a picture but it turned out it was a video. It was so hilarious. He insisted laying like that with a towel completely draped over him.
What else??? Then I don't remember who went where but I think everyone stayed playing in the water while Max and I decided to ride the train. Overall he loved it.


He was extremely mad about all the picture taking though as you can tell. 

Also during this train ride there is a little show they do where the Marshall is on board with you and in the middle some bandits come and knock him out and take over the train. Yeah, Max screamed. They were collecting loot from people (the money would be donated) and I had some quarters but he freaked out at the thought of me giving them to the bad guys. He kept saying "Go train, go!". Luckily the Marshall woke up and got the bandits which Max found hilarious. I wish I had it all on video, it was so funny I could barely contain myself.
We came when they opened and stayed until they closed. It was a blast and will be fun to go again next time were out that way.

No comments: