Sunday, August 17, 2014

4th of July (Part 2)

This is the part from my iphone, so it has some stuff from earlier in the week.

To start off the week it was HOT so we packed up and met everyone (Brooke & Co. Danielle & Co. and Megan & Co. and the rest of the Morin clan) at the splash pad. We didn't play quite as long as we wanted, because lets face it, the boys would play all day if they could. But we had to head off for the first day of kids camp. While we were there the boys had a blast.

Davis loved the water, the boys ran off in a big pack like usual, snacks between 4 different moms were loved by all and by the end everyone was pooped. That is always the successful mark of a good time playing with friends.
I took this picture of my favorite salad so I don't forget the name. Lately I (and Jason) have been into chopped salads. They are just much hartier and to me less messy. No having to fit a huge salad leaf in your mouth. Love em'. Granted, pizza is a lot tastier but this will do.
Progress on the bathroom. Jason has been hard at work getting everything done so we could have a functioning toilet and tub when the White's came to visit. While it was spendy to do we are happy we ended up paying someone to come and do all the tiling, that would have taken forever and I think Jason would have gone insane. So it was a small price to pay for sanity in this house.
On the first real hot day of the year I was sweating buckets being in the top story in a house with no AC so pretty much right when Jason got home I gave him Davis, grabbed the boys and headed off to the store to get a pool, one that I could actually swim in, not some kiddie pool. So off to target we went and I found the biggest one that would fit in the side yard. I texted Jason to see if it was ok to get that big and while I know there was lots of eye rolling and grumping, he helped get it all set up. Yey for big pools!
And afterwards Mr. Davis showing off his standing skillz. I love this bald little guy.
Blueberry season has hit again! So we traded Davis for Jett, Tucker and Dallas and headed off for some picking. We found our new favorite spot out in Scholls. We normally go right by our house but they don't have as many bushes so it takes a lot more work. This one was a half hour away but I could get double the amount picked in the same amount of time as our normal spot. Looks like we have a new berry farm.

Also Jett and Tucker were awesome pickers! They picked almost a whole bucket for their mom. My guys probably got two hand fulls in. They picked more than that but ate most. I guess since we do a ton every year I'm sure the novelty of it all has worn off.

We did most our picking early while it was cool then after a couple hours had to call it quits. I'm pretty sure we were the last ones out there picking. It was so hot. And these guys were such troopers I bought a couple of berry milkshakes to share.
Toward the end of the week it was off to Washington for the fourth! I don't know how everyone else travels but in our family Jason drives pretty much all of the time and I work. I always have a bunch of things to work on in the car to keep my hands busy. The boys sleep, listen to audio books or watch a movie. They are actually pretty good travelers.
Davis did need to get out a couple times to squirm. Can't keep this kid still for too long. Wonder where he gets that from.

And a bottle to get ready for a big long day.
First thing was a fourth of July breakfast at the church.
Again, this kid can't keep still or be held for long, so out came the blanket to get his wiggle on.
After that it was a lot of hanging out at the Starr's (Richelle's mom) where kids played and we had a bbq. I did a lot of back and forth to the Goodrich's to make sure this guy got a decent nap and wasn't a complete grump.
BBQ time! Larry even pulled out the frier and made homemade onion rings, fries and curly fries.
And great grandpa Lanny kept giving this kid a Popsicle every chance he got. Oh what grandparents can get away with. I can't wait to be one.
As per tradition we drove up to a place on a hill (I have no idea exactly where it is but on a hill somewhere in Moses Lake) we set up camp to watch the big fireworks. It wasn't too long of a wait so the big boys and I decided to fill the time being silly. Davis, who did have some naps but was definitely ready to get some zzzz was wisked away by grandpa. Eventually though mama had to take over to rock the kid to sleep. He slept right through the fire works.
After the fireworks Jason took the older boys over to the grandparents where all the cousins were for a sleepover and then to a pancake breakfast in the morning. Davis and I weren't going to sleep in a tent surrounded by kids (who I heard didn't get to sleep until way late) so we went back to the Goodrich's where I was greeted by all these frogs. If I wasn't so tired I would have caught some for the boys. But there really are a lot and not hard to catch. They were covering the door and portch as well.

Pancake breakfast time!
We brought a full bucket of blueberries, some raspberries and other berries up and after two days they were gone. I'm pretty sure Max ate most of the blueberries.
Grandpa and Grandma's house!
After the fourth we went to a someone Larry knew who had a couple of apricot trees that were needing to picked so we volunteered to take some off his hands. What's a trip to Washington without taking home some produce? The trees were huge and full of fruit so we ended up taking several boxes and bags home. Davis also got some and LOVED them. I love this kids dimple.
It had been a long couple days for me (and week) of being with Davis. I don't think I had been away from Davis, besides sleeping, for a long while so I left and went to Walmart. I realized as I was heading out that I needed gas so had to actually pump my own. I was kind of nervous because it had been so long since I had, I think the last time I did it was from my Utah days and even when we were living there I didn't do it that much. But I did it and nothing exploded.
This time for church we went to Connell, the ward Jason was raised in. Normally we got to Larry and Richelle's ward but I think Jason wanted to catch up with people. Heck I would too if I lived farther away. It was fast and testimony meeting and Jason got up so I ended up taking a whiny baby and 5 year old out.

Hanging in the hall was hilarious. Davis crawled around everywhere. After we had gone a distance Max decided he needed to get his baby bro back in to the chapel.  His solution? Lure him with bottles and toys which eventually led right back to the chapel doors. I'm sure everyone thought we were nuts, which we are.
Then after sacrament Jason chatted for about an hour while I walked the halls with this guy. He went everywhere and even showed off his stair climbing skills. I can't believe he's old enough to climb stairs!
Then more chatting. Jason says he's shy but he like to talk to people and probably does it at church more than I do.

On the way home we hit up the country mercintile since it was closed on the way up. We didn't get too much because I was smart this time and instead of spending a fortune on their candy (they have jars and jars and rows and rows of the best chocolates and candy you'll ever see) I bought a bunch of mini candy bars at Walmart the day before and each person got to pick out a couple of smaller things. I'm embarrassed to admit how much we've spent on candy at that place in times past.

And lastly, ice cream and a milk shake for me and Davis. Way better than McDonalds. Yuck! 

No comments: