Saturday, August 23, 2014

A Visit From the White's

As I go through my pictures I realize that so many pictures of Davis are him in his chair eating. I think the reason is because it is one of the few times in the day when this kid will actually sit still for a minute or two. That is between him flinging food on the table or at me.
After our fourth of July weekend we came home to the Whites who were here from Utah for a week and a half. To start off we went to one of the libraries free shows (we went to all of them last summer but for some reason only made this one this year. Are we getting busier? Sure seems like it.)

This show was a nature puppet show and Levi got to be one of the kids called up, he was so excited. I don't remember what it was exactly, some trivia question about animals and man did they pick the right kid for that.
After the show I took all the boys off to the library to pick out some books while they packed everything up and the fountains were turned on. They do the show in a flat area where their is usually a water fountain going then turn it off for shows. This time around Levi got a bunch of chapter books. He's now into Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Flat Stanly books and some other ones about dragons. I can't keep up with them.
It took forever the fountains to turn back on. I had to call and be a little pest about it. But hey, my kids and many others were waiting to play!   We played, ate, Davis had his first string cheese and loved it. It was lots o' fun with all those boys.

Again, so many pictures of Davis eating. But he is a chow hound, he is only still then and also look at those cute cheeks and fingers!

And another bathroom update. The tub is in, counter, floor and toilet just in time for the White's visit. Now just some more finishing touches.
All the boys loved playing in the pool, I knew they would!
And ever since our camping trip I feel like moths have been attacking me left and right. This time I got some payback.
And some Wild Kratts for all the boys after a long swim.
It so happened that we had our visitors right during the peak of blueberry season so I decided to do a big pick. The other one was mostly for checking out the new farm, eating and taking up to Washington. This was my big freezing time We eat a ton throughout the year but that means a bit of work during the summer.

We brought all the kiddos with us and picked for a few hours. After that the babies got tired so I ended up sending Davis with William and Avery to go back to my house while I took all the bigger boys and we picked hard. Ok. It was mostly me but they were there and did a little bit in between story telling and playing around. I think I got 45 pounds.

I actually realized we needed little more to last the year especially adding another hungry boy into the mix. I know we eat a lot but they make great healthy snacks, they are super cheap to pick, I love picking and hate grocery shopping so love stocking up on things. We went for one last time and traded Davis for Brady. It went pretty much the same as with the Whites. I picked a ton and the boys played though I'll have to say Brady picked almost a third of a bucket with no help from my guys. We all worked together to fill it up and take back to his mom.
Needless to say after two days of picking they were excited to go and play.
Max was insistant on taking a group picture. Weird because he hates pictures but I was more than happy to take a few. Levi wasn't quite as happy this time.
Then of course they wanted pictures as berries.
When I told them to do a silly face this is what I got. Definitely silly.
Max is always such a good kitchen helper. He helped me wash, dry and bag all the berries. He might have eaten a few as well.
Even drinking a bottle this kid rolls all over the place, it drives me nuts sometimes! So I pretty much have to give him a bottle right after he wakes up I give him a bottle while its still dark and quiet otherwise this is what I get. I can't wait to cuddle more with this guy! I loves it when I hold him but usually it's so he can grab my necklace, glasses, climb all over me......Silly man.

After days of berry picking I was pooped and very tired. So while the older boys were playing in the pool I let Davis go crazy eating dirt, leaves and generally making a huge mess. I was too tired to stop it. Oh well, he had fun!
Then he needed a bath. It was really his first time playing in the tub sitting up. Normally, since the bathroom was out of comission for a month, he would hang out in the shower with me or bathe in the sink. He loved the tub though he kept trying to get out. Look at that bum.
And all clean. Back to making other sorts of messes.
I was driving to Target and automatically went to park where I usually do, on the side next to the store. Without fail, at this Target I always park there. Then I remembered why and it is because that is where my grandpa always parked when he took us. It made me think about him and how much I miss him. I can't think about him too long sometimes because it makes me too sad. But I am sure he is on to very important things with some of his favorite people.
All those apricots and blueberries made a TON of jam. Christmas gifts, done. Kidding. I'm sure I'll do other things but I will definitely be giving a lot of these away. The apricot jam turned out really well and Jason has loved putting it on vanilla ice cream.
While the White's were here we planned to go to the beach. Turns out on the same day Brooke and everyone (Morins, Beckers and Youngs) were going so we all had fun playing together. I love seeing all those kids play together. They just go off running.

This was also Davis first time in the sand as a 'big boy'. He went when he was like 5 months but I don't thing he got out of his carrier the whole time. This time he has crawling skills. He also had 'put everything in his mouth skills' too. I didn't stress and let him have at it. He had so much fun! You could see this huge trail he left from crawling all around the beach, like a little slug. He went full speed crawl everywhere for at least a half hour.

Luckily he only had a couple handfuls of sand and then he realized it didn't taste so good.
Babies slept.
Pincnics were had.
Dams were made.
Holes were dug.
Drip castles were made,
and then made again.
And fingers got wrinkly.
It was a good afternoon. At some point I ended up leaving with Davis when mom got there. She was getting a hotel and the Whites and their camping loving selves went off to a camp site with Aunt Rose and Max and Levi.

From what I heard from the two day camping (and my mom's version of camping), they had a ton of fun. During the campfire they said that Nese got out her guitar and that they did a lot of singing and when Max was asked his favorite song it was "I am a Child of God" which they all started to sing. Then apparently he stopped them and insisted on doing a solo. I'm sure it was very sweet.

I am so lucky to have such awesome family members to take my older two so I can stay home and be boring, work and make sure Davis actually takes some naps and gets a good night sleep. I was not up for two days of camping by myself and 3 kids. That would have driven me crazy.

No comments: