Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Kiwi Head

Just a quick pickup at the library. These boys are loving Power Rangers. Max says he wants to be one for Halloween but he's also said that about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

We had kiwis for part of our lunch and Levi made the comment that Davis' head looks like a kiwi. Just about, the kiwi has more hair though. I love my little baldy.
And Max found it absolutely necessary to wear skateboarding wristpads all evening. And backwards I might add. You never know whats going to happen around here I guess.
The boys love to go out front and play/read/eat. I love it when they do too, it's just fun and relaxing. The only sad thing is that we never see people or kids playing outside. I know we live in an older neighborhood but there are a few kids here and there but you never see anyone playing. We have the house next to us for sale and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it's someone with younger kids, boys preferentially. We miss having Lily come over and play!
Planking!

This year our raspberry bushes have done really well and honestly are better than the stuff we have picked at u pick places. Strawberries too. I bought the cherries because they are amazing. I love summer fruit.
I don't know why I took this picture. Just a messy garage with bikes. The boys have been working on it and are slowly learning to ride. A part of me feels a little bad that I haven't worked with them more on it especially when I see 3 or 4 year olds doing it and my almost 7 year old is still working on it (he's so close though!). But I think a big part of that is my own fears down the hill we live on. It's not super steep but I remember going down it one time when I was younger and I started to high and got going too fast running into the mail box at the bottom. I'm a worrier sometimes. I suppose I could pack up their bikes and we could go somewhere else but that doesn't really happen. Oh well. It they'll be bike riders sometime.
One day the boys decided to pull out some of the collaposable tents we have and set up camp in the side yard. Davis LOVED it. He loved crawling around the nice grass (it's pretty much the only nice soft grass in the yard. Next year's project maybe?) going in and out of the houses and crawling all over his brothers.

I love how much these boys love Davis. They are always trying to find a way to make him laugh and just love to play with him. I hope it's always like that though I'm sure it won't always (maybe not?). I love seeing them all together, they are such great big brothers.
Also Levi has started this peace sign thing. I have no idea where that came from. Lily maybe?
And I don't know what we were doing playing around in the trunk but we were and discovered there is a flashlight that is set in the the wall of the van that charges automatically. Awesome! I'm sure Jason knew about this but it was new for us.

And for a rare moment I was being nice and let them watch a movie. I feel like I'm pretty strict about the movies in the car thing but I found when we watch more, they demand more and whine more so that is when this mama pulls the plug and problem solved. So we normally just do it when we go on a 'long trip' and every once in a blue moon when I'm feeling especially nice. I must say though no tv or even music sometimes leads to some of the best, most spiritual and most hilarious conversations.

This particular time they were watching Tom and Jerry. They just don't make cartoons like they used to and were giggling hysterically. I love their belly laughs.
Trying to get a picture with Davis. I'm terrrible at this selfie thing but to be fair he is absolutely, hands down my squirmiest kid. I love him squirms and all. PS he is extremely obsessed with my necklaces and loves to hold them, pull them, suck on them. You name it.
A new hide out!
It was a particulary hot Saturday night and when that happens the top story of the house (where we live) is unbareable and cooking is out of the questions. So that leaves grilling, sandwiches or something microwaved. I didn't want any of that and we decided to take the boys to 5 Guys Burgers and Fries. The boys had never been and we had only been a couple of times. It was a hit and all seemed to love it. My mom was already at home and was kind enough to keep an eye on the little squirt. These boys are serious about their eating but humored me for a brief moment.
Guess what new game Davis has learned? Throw it down, pick it up. Not him of course, everyone else. He thought it was hilarious.
I think I have a picture of each of my boys on this rocking chair. It was my grandpas when he was a kid and was his mothers before that.

No comments: