Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Picking Battle and Conference Time

Max had finished vacuuming the stairs and this is where I found him reading a book. Strange but I'll take it. At least he did it after he vacuumed.
 Jared with Barkley ruling the roost.
 I had posted on FB or IG something about having a hard day and the next day guess what Renee brought over? It's apple deliciousness. Mmmmm. It was incredibly sweet and surprising to have her bring it. I was kind of shocked because it's usually turned the other way around with me taking stuff for others or if people bring something over many times its for Gram. It was just amazing to that she knew I had a rough day and did something to brighten it. What a awesome lady.
 Davis showing off his musical skilz. He's very enthusiastic.

Magformer love. Since Lego's got the boot out to the fort Magformers have become a favorite.

 We saw Jason driving in so we did our best to hide in the tent. Davis was a bit loud and it took me several tries to get us all in one shot. FYI Jason found us pretty quickly.
 This is my life. It takes all my will power not to get frustrated with all his pulling out of everything but I try to remember that this is how he learns and explores. Also that they really only do this for a couple of years.
While Davis was napping the boys wanted to set up a picnic with their blankets and stuffed animals. And naturally a game of battleship began. They played pretty well until the end when a real battle began. 
 At Sweet Tomatoes with grandpa. This kid will eat just about anything there.
 Story of my life. Every. Single. Day.
 My aunt Suzie sent another package with stuff for the boys. These were definitely their favorites.
 I have to say, Max has gotten a lot more helpful lately. He has been more cooperative in doing things when I asked. I mean, not every time but more often than not I haven't had to threaten him which is a plus. As always, he loves helping in the kitchen. I was grating cheese and he REALLY wanted to help even though I was terrified. I just know I have scraped myself more than once on a cheese grater but he did a pretty good job and now wants to every time I pull it out.
And FINALLY! I saw this Temple 'lego' set several months back and immediately ordered it with the intention of building it during conference. When I got it in the mail I didn't even let the boys see it and hid it in my closet. So conference finally came! I don't know if it was more of a distraction but Jason loved building with the boys 'helping'. Maybe as they get older. I'm always trying to find ways to get the kids to semi pay attention during conference. I just want it to be at least a part of it. Growing up we didn't really watch, conference weekend was more treated like a vacation and I want them to have lots of warm fuzzies when they think of conference.
 It was a little tricky to have Davis in the room, he so wanted to help his dad and big bros. Love those tippy toes.
 And traditional Sunday Conference cinnamon rolls. I really only make them two times a year because they take some time. They are also amazingly delicious and they get inhaled before they're cooled.  This time around Davis got to lick the frosting off the spatula for his first time. I think he liked it. He was super sticky afterwards but it was fun to see him go crazy for frosting.
  Then after conference wrestling on the Love Sac.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

how cool is that lego set?! I might need to do that for our next conference too! and that cinnamon roll-yum! I think I need to go make some...

Danielle said...

did you buy it off of amazon or is there another site you used?