Monday, April 27, 2009

Mis primeras palabras

Since both Jason and I speak Spanish fluently, I have always wanted to teach our children Spanish. If we didn't, I think it would just be a waste of all that lernin', and I know I'd regret it if we didn't do our best.

While we were on a library trip this weekend, I saw the Spanish section in the kids department and went a little crazy. I got a bunch of little kids Spanish books and dvds. We are so lucky to have such a great resource aound here! Somehow I made it out of the library without dropping everthing in the parking lot in the typical Kendra, pregnant way.

So today I pulled out the books for our pre-nap reading time. It started off well, because they have such fun pictures. Then he pointed to a ball and said 'ba' (that's ball for Levi). Usually I say the word after he does and this time instead of saying 'ball' I said 'pelota'. Levi repeated, 'ba', I said 'pelota'. 'Ba', 'pelota'. Scream. I don't think he likes the idea of learning another language.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Ha, that's cute. My husband minored in Spanish, but also speaks Portuguese from his mission. I think it's super hott when the husbands speak a different language to their children or wives!

Carter Family said...

How fun!! Cam we come over for spanish lessons too!! I would love to teach Cameron spanish.

Hailey Vial said...

That is hysterical! Nic has taught the kids "Head, shoulders, knees and toes" in Japanese. It's so funny to hear them sing it.