Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Finished!

Since we've moved into my grandma's house several months ago we have spent a LOT of time reorganizing, cleaning, painting.....and all the other fun stuff that goes with a new/used house. We FINALLY have one room completely finished. So here are some pics of the boy's new 'Jungle room'.

This was the last piece of the room (at least for now), the curtains for the closet. I wanted to take the doors off so Levi could get into it and also because it is right up against the door and I kept hitting the closet door with the room door. Jason says I should just learn to shut the closet door. I thought making the curtains would be funner. It was.

Also on the right is Levi and Max's reading area. We bought the lovesac (the big red ball) when we were down in Utah. It was my first experience with E-bay. When you sit in it, you never want to get out, and sometimes you can't!. It is SO comfortable. Because it is so HUGE we almost didn't bring it with us when we moved. But we knew eventually our kids would grow up and love it. It is a favorite spot of many.

This is Levi's toddler bed for now. It is one of those convertible toddler bed/cribs. So when baby is ready to graduate out of our room, baby will move in here and Levi will move into the 'big boy bed' on the other side of the dresser. We'll see how it works. The crib set is has an adorable jungle theme.

I love the ceiling drapy thing. I don't know what they're called. We didn't put it up for a while because we were afraid Levi would rip it down. It's been over a month and thankfully he has shown little interest in it.

Here is another shot of the crib. I had a lot of fun doing the wall hangings over the dresser. Levi loves to point out the different animals out. Also the lamp, you can't tell very well, but it has some leaves on it.

The other wall hanging I did.

I didn't take any pictures of the curtians for some reason so here's the best shot with us sitting on Levi's 'big boy bed' . I love the curtians. My stepmom made them and they are perfect for the room. They have two layers, one made from really lightweight, white fabric and the other a very heavy red fabric matching the love sac. Also we have jungle animals scattered around the room. Levi loves the elephant.

It was a lot of fun doing the room, Levi loves to play in there, and so does everyone else. Thanks to Rhonda who helped to paint and decorate and give out good ideas. I don't think it would have happened otherwise.

Now, we just have to finish all the other rooms.....

4 comments:

Memory said...

You are seriously talented, girl! That room looks amazing!

Sara Newton said...

I'm really jealous, that room looks fabulous!

Emily Hayes said...

So cute! I love it, and yes to your last post- he is SO cute.

Roof Life of Oregon said...

I love it! It looks so fun...I want to sleep in there. You're so talented! I can't wait to come and see it and hold baby Maximus!