Thursday, May 28, 2009

Time for bed

Sleeping is always at the forefront of a mothers mind when a new baby comes home, well, at least it has been for me. In high school and college, even on my mission, I was known for not sleeping very much, living on very little sleep and still having tons of energy. But then I got married and had kids. Now to function properly I need at least a good 7 hours of sleep, maybe 6. Maybe.

So far I've been pretty lucky as far a sleep goes because Jason works from home in the mornings and we live with my grandmother who helps keep an eye on Levi, so even when I do miss out on night time sleep I can usually get a morning nap or something in. Also Max has so far proven to be a pretty good sleeper, and even once slept over 5 hours straight. Last night in fact, he only woke up once while Levi was up a number of times. Jason had to go in and lay down with him to get him calm. Here is how he was found this morning. Who knows how he ended up in that position.
Life has been busy and I might not get much stuff done besides sleep and feeding people but I have been relatively normal, so far.

Here are some scenes from yesterday (I finally found my camera)

Stickers (a Levi favorite) are spread out all over the living room, but I'm still sane.

Lunch dishes are still on the table (someone didn't like his PBJ today) but my boys got fed.
Levi napped.
Max napped.

And I napped. All at the same time. It's a modern day miracle. I wonder if it will ever happen again.

No comments: