Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Calm before the Storm

This year we went to Jason's family reunion up in the Tri-cities (Washington), a 3 1/2 hour drive. Saturday we got up early, packed sunblock (expected temp 92), a change of cloths for both boys, plenty of diapers, lots of Levi snacks, and a myriad of other things for our first 'long trip' with both boys.

Both boys did pretty well on the way up, though they were tag teaming it and waking each other up just as the other got to sleep. Eventually we got there in one piece.
Levi loved all the family members but he really loved the water fountains.

I love reunions with Jason's family because there are tons of cousins to keep an eye on the little ones, they just up and volunteer to do it. It's great.

We got there, ate lunch, chatted with family, Levi played in the water, Max napped. Despite the very hot weather, we were having a good ol' time.

So after Levi had his fill playing in the water we headed over to a snow cone stand nearby. He, of course, only felt up to walking half of the way, so I had to carry him the rest. We got in line. Mid way through our order....

HE PUKED ALL OVER ME!

I have never been so stunned, grossed out, embarrassed, at a loss for words, my entire life. I didn't know what to do. We were in Washington, 3 1/2 hours from home, not planning on staying the night so had no where to go and I was covered in puke. I just looked at the guy I ordered from and he said 'looks like he ate too much'. All I could say was 'yeah' and turn around and leave. My only thought was to get wet in the fountain and get as much rinsed off as I could. Luckily it was mostly liquid (it looked like he had drank one too many Capri Suns). Levi of course refused to go to the fountain so I had to drag him over to dad (who was watching Max) who was oblivious to the whole thing.

To make a long story short I temporarily put on a hoodie I had in our car (after rinsing as best I could), we left and I went and bought new cloths and body spray to make the trip home more tolarable. It's a funny story now but then not so much.

As we drove home I realized I left a puddle of puke in front of the snow cone stand and hadn't done anything to clean it up. How rude of me. I'm sure it did WONDERS for business that day.

6 comments:

Roof Life of Oregon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carter Family said...

Oh Kendra......I am so sorry. That is so awful! There are not too many things worse than being puked on...in public no less. I am sure you handled yourself amazingly better than you think. I laughed out loud reading this.....thank you for helping me feel not alone in the desolate wasteland of emotion known as motherhood

Amyann6 said...

Wow I can't believe you have two boys already (very cute, BTW. Looks like you got your hands full too!

Megan said...

That is such a funny story. I would be horrified, too.

Showmethesale said...

Oh my GOSH! That is such a funny story. . . I know it probably was the pits to go through--but looking from the 'outside' the retelling of it was very amusing.

Your handling of said 'puke' and getting beyond it proves what a trouper you really are!

And HEY! I found your blog! I love it when I find peeps that I know!!

You have great photos and stories. . . I'm sure I'll be back for more!

Eva said...

Hahahaha! So funny! But I imagine not funny at the time... =D