Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I'm SO excited!

Levi ate part of an apple today. I know, big deal some might say, but I am SO excited about it. Lately he has been super picky and hasn't wanted to eat much of anything, let alone anything healthy. This whole Levi eating hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, string cheese and raisins as main sources of nutrition, has made me feel like an irresponsible, bad mother (I do make him take his gummi vitamins-luckily he LOVES anything resembling candy. What toddler wouldn't?) . He used to eat vegetables and fruits but all the sudden he got VERY opinionated and refused to eat a lot of what we gave him and we are not ones to go forcing food down a toddlers throat. I was thrilled when I got an apple out for me to eat, he said 'aaa' (apple in Levi's world). I took a bite and offered it to him and then instead of saying no or throwing it, he took a bite. Well, at least he tried to. Then I offered him a smaller piece and he ate it! Then he ate a couple more. Woo hoo!!!!

Now we'll just see if he'll eat it tomorrow.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

haha-ethan eats apples but he doesn't swallow them. he'll chew and chew and then spit it out when he's done. i have no idea why! lol. good luck with getting your little guy back on some better eating habits. if not, at least he's eating....right?

The Hadley Family said...

Funny! I forget how picky little ones are. The good news is he'll eventually expand his horizons in the food department. Just keep offering him tastes of everything. :)
P.S. I love the video of your boys several blogs back.