Thursday, July 9, 2009

What a day

Being a mom is a difficult task. I never quite understood that until the day my #1 was born (ok, to be honest it started BEFORE he was born and made me sleepy, tierd, achy and kicked me for nine months). Until today I never really thought about how a little one (or two perhaps) could influence my mood all in one short period of time.

For example today: I was FRUSTRATED when Levi refused to eat a yogert at the table and kept trying to eat in the living room screaming all the way (after a 20 minute battle he sat at the table and ate it!). I felt LOVED when he gave me a number of unexpected hugs and kisses throughout the day. I was FURIOUS when he stood on a chair, got one of my favorite Willow Tree statues and threw it at the fireplace breaking it into at least a dozen pieces. I felt like LAUGHING when he took dads electric shaver and tried to shave Max. I felt like CRYING when it took 1 1/2 hour to get him to nap and then woke up only 1/2 hour later. I wanted to KISS him when he saw me holding Max and wanted to hold and rock him. And HOPELESS when he wanted to hold and rock Max.....while Max was in his bassinet sleeping (thus waking him up, after it took quite a bit of effort to get him to sleep)

All in a days work I suppose.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

if that isn't motherhood in a nutshell i don't know what is. way to word it....PERFECTLY! :)

Marissa and Blaine said...

I agree with Danielle. You said it perfectly! I think Heavenly Father makes sure to give us a bunch of the good emotions, so they can outweigh the bad emotions that can come so easily with motherhood.

Rachel said...

Oh, I totally agree. Sometimes I truly want to beat my children and sometimes I just want to suck those cute little fat cheeks off there faces because they're so cute. It makes me feel better knowing that other mothers feel the same way.