Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tickle, tickle, tickle!

After working in the office I came out to the kitchen. I see Levi's "potty treats", chocolate airplanes and animals he gets for going #2, out on the stove. The cupboard above the stove (where we keep all treats) was open, and a chair was pushed up in front of it. All the chocolate airplanes were gone.So I ask Jason if he gave some to Levi. No. I ask Levi if he ate them. No answer. I look at his face, there could be a little chocolate on it, but maybe not. Then I go to the garbage can where I find this:Wrappers. At least he was polite enough to throw away the evidence. (Yes this is a plate in the garbage, I had recently broke it. I was not happy about that one either)

I ask him again if he at the chocolate airplanes. He replies "they in my tummy"

Trying to be a good mom and making sure he knows it's not ok to do that again, I give him a little toddler, 2 year old lecture to which he quietly listens, gives me a huge smile and says "I love you mom!" and gives me a hug. I of course melt but try to get back to the topic at hand. I tell him not to do it again, just trying to make sure he understands. Reply? Big smiles and comes at me with "Tickle, tickle, tickle!" He's been pulling a lot of the 'tickle, tickle, tickle' when he doesn't like what he is hearing. It's quite hilarious.

This boy totally gets the idea of distraction. I can't WAIT to see what he comes up with as a teenager.

3 comments:

jjcrew said...

Your mom told us about his new get-me-out-of-trouble charm today in RS. We OFTEN have to look away fast to hide smiles or chuckles at the same manipulative stunts from my 2 year old. How do they know??

cymagen said...

You Might want to reword the beginning of this it sounds like Levi is pooping on the stove...love all the new posts!

Eva said...

What a funny story! Thanks for sharing =) Lately I can't help laughing when Elizabeth does things she knows she's not suppose to do. The other day she was dangling one of her toys off the 2nd story balcony and Morgan said NO! She looked back at Morgan, dropped it, saw that it landed on the balcony, so she bent over and pushed it off before Morgan could get to her. I was cracking up (but not to where she could hear me). ;-)