Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas 2010



I can't even believe Christmas is over, it went by so fast. Things got way busier with the store than I thought it would but I suppose in the end that's a good thing. I am SOOO glad we got our shopping and wrapping done early. And I also decided to forgo the Christmas cards and goodie plate again and save them for V-day, when things aren't quite so busy. I think that's becoming a new family tradition and I have some fun stuff planned for them this year!

For Christmas we decided to stay in Oregon. We started off with a Christmas "program" like we do every year, headed up by my mom. It was very eventful. We did pajama time, goodie time, read the Christmas story full of acting, colored on 'tea towels', wrote notes to each other, and sang some songs.
Max's PJ's were my favorite. I think if it were up to me, he'd only wear striped pants.
Guess what Levi's favorite part was???
And you can be if Levi was into it, Max-o wasn't too far behind. ***note, his song book is upside down, but he sure loved singingBy the end of it all, all the boys were exhausted with all the fun and ready for a good night's sleep. We we so tired we forgot to leave out cookies for Santa, but that didn't stop him from coming! I bet he knew how tired we were and snuck some out of the cupboard.

Now for Christmas morning.

This is probaly my favorite moment of Christmas 2010. Look at that face! Right after coming out of his room Levi came running out where I was waiting with a couple others.
He saw it all and declared "Santa brought presents!!!!"
Then after I told him we had to wait a bit, decided he needed to go tell his uncles, who were sleeping downstairs, the good news. I don't know if they liked it or not, but who can get mad at a little kid Christmas morning?
Max? Where do you think? That's right, he needs his beauty sleep. A kid that cute needs a lot.
Eventually Max woke up and we'd kept them out of the presents for as long as we could and decided to give in and let them play with their new wagon grandpa and grandma Goodrich had got. How did they know?
After a while the other folks showed up and had some breakfast then the boys were ready to go!
Even though they'd just eaten, the boys were more than happy to guzzle down some of the juice from their stockings.
Elijah and Henry also were able to find something sweet in theirs.
Then it was present time, which was in two words pure chaos. I was pretty stunned by it all. My brother was handing out presents left and right and all the boys started ripping open presents regardless of who it was for, but they seemed to be having fun. Levi even got pretty excited about getting new pants!
I put the camera down for the rest of the day after this. But here is Jason opening his gift from Levi. Several days before I took him to the dollar store to buy presents for people. I asked him what kind of present he thought daddy would like. "A tool". So we went down the tool aisle and instantly he saw this. We have a few of these so I tried to steer him towards something else but he was VERY insistent that this was perfect for dad. "Dad needs a scraper. He needs it." So we got it.
Later that night all the boys watching something, but apparently it was pretty interesting.

No comments: