Monday, September 17, 2012

Summer's End

This year both Max and Levi did the summer reading program through the library and so they each got passes to go to Oaks Park. The Goodrich's were in town so we scored some library passes from friends who weren't going to be able to make it so yea for getting a good deal! The boys were particularly excited because while we were at the fair we had decided not to do rides, which are ridiculously expensive and I wasn't sure if they'd be up for them anyways, at least Max.

Good thing we went this route because Max only went on a couple rides, VERY reluctantly. I think it was because they all went on the whirl one (forgot it's name) first and Max was screaming the entire time. I think it traumatized him.

Oh and how huge does Levi look when his dad holding him? He used the be a tiny little baby.
The slides, Max was hanging with me of course.
Waiting in line with the uncles.
Mr. Max wanted dad to hold him and looking at this again I can't help but think how huge he is too. He's just getting so big, but at least I can pick him up.
Mr. Reluctant hanging with the crayon he won.
So Grandpa took him off
and he came back all smiles. Ice cream will do that to you. They had taken a while because apparently he'd eaten almost half of his ice cream by the time they came back.
After the ice cream I was able to convince him that the kiddie rides would be fun and he finally went on one.
Didn't like it one bit. It's so funny because last year he went on these rides over and over and over.
Then on to the skating rink. I didn't skate but I loved it when I was a kid, we went all the time growing up. What can I say, Skate World was a pretty happening place.

Levi did ok. I helped him keep balance which was extremely difficult and by the time I had helped him over to the practice rink with bars I was exhausted and working up a sweat. He was pretty good natured about it all though. He went in the circle a few times, falling a lot but still fairly happy until he decided he was done. We'll definitely have to try that again, I think he'd love it once he got the hang of it.
Attacking grandpa with their prizes.
Oaks Park, we will see you next year.

No comments: