Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The big 5

This year we did a family party for Levi's 5th b-day (family every other year, next will be a big friend one). And Grandpa Larry, Grandma Richelle and the Uncles came over to celebrate. Per usual the birthday boy got to pick his birthday meal. He choose pizza and because he's been very into making sure all the 4 food groups are represented had carrots for the veggie, grapes for the fruit and chocolate milk for the dairy. A perfect meal. Grandpa also made up some awesome potato salad and homemade salsa which all the grown up appreciated.
Now since this is the year I keep things simple and don't do decorations, games or anything just their favorite meal this is the year I also do a fun cake (friend parties only get cupcakes, it's all I can handle plus their cleaner). Levi wanted a robot this year and this is what Jason and I came up with.

We wanted to have him standing up, which is a challange but Jason made a stand to keep him up and all and all I think he turned out great. Things like that never turn out how I expect them but they are usualy pretty awesome anyways. If I would have had more time I would have done more details but considering he was mostly made day of I think he turned out great and the boys flipped out when they saw it and decided to call him Marv.
Uncle Willy relaxing.
The boys were drooling all over the games and fun the boys brought with them. I thought they were all pretty cute which I don't know if you're allowed to say about teenagers but they were. Max and Levi think their uncles are the coolest boys they've ever met.
Levi getting ready for presents.
Jason and I got him a subscription to National Geographic Kids, which I knew he'd love. He's extremely into sciency stuff. We also got him a few small lego kits and Jason got him tool stuff,
along with the coolest singing pickle card. If Levi just got that card I think he'd be happy, he kept pulling it out and we had to finally tell him to move on cause people were waiting but he took the card to everyone to make sure they all got to hear it.
A book about the ocean from the grandma's. (he also got awesome other gifts including nurf guns for him and Max got one as well, picked out by those awesome uncles).
Now for the cake.
Hahahahahaa! I put in trick candles! He was trying to blow them out for a good minute or two until we finally got them out.
For the inside of the cake I did part of it green which is his favorite color. It all was very tasty if I do say so myself.
Yeah, we ate most of it right then and there.
Overall a great birthday celebration for a great 5 year old.

No comments: