Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The White's Visit 2012

The White's came over for a week or so and we had a lot of fun hanging out and doing summery stuff. We calculated it and I think it has been almost a year since we've seen them.

Backyard shenanigans. Gabe is all beardy because he had to grow it out for Fiddler on the Roof and then I believe is doing/auditioning for a New Testament movie. That's one hairy guy.
Playing with a bunch of boxes we had lying around. Oh the fun.
This is how my house looks after everyone visits (this occasion had all 5 of us 'White' kids, my mom, grandma, all the kiddos, and significant others)
All our vehicles.
All five boys loved following our neighbor Lily around, she's great with kids.
Splash Pad

When I told Levi his cousins were coming over I asked him what he'd like to do with them to which he promptly responded "Happy Meal Picnic!" I think last time they came either my mom or dad got all the kids happy meals and we ate them outside, so that's where I think he got it.

So we went to a really fun splash pad and had happy meals, cause that's just what you do when cousins come to visit apparently.
Nese reading Levi a story (I remember it was Giranmo Stilton, a recent favorite book series of ours)
Max decided to be brave and climb up the fountain.
Will-o, he's just so cute.
Me squirting Gabe and taking a picture, which is actually fairly difficult. 
Dinner at my dad's house
Crazy uncle Jason.
 
Not a great pic but I must say, Rhonda is amazing at preparing for family gatherings. Her meals never fail to impress me.
Portland Children's Museum
The boys were playing in an area that they decided was a nest they were building, which when finished they promptly plopped themselves down to lay eggs.
our little boy band
Sprinklers and Ice Cream
Sleepover!!!!!! 
(aka, Aunt Kendra gives the boys too much junk food and watch too much cartoons way too late)
Backyard awesomeness. Lily was over and all the kids headed off to the fort to play. When I went to go check on them they were playing house. Lily was the single mom whose husband died tragically. Her elaborate back story was very well thought out.
The boys gave me a couple 'what are we doing?' looks, but overall they had a blast.
Max could care less about playing house, he just wanted to build.
As that evening came to a close I could hear a lot o banging in the back yard, this is what I found when I went back. I think they had a lot of fun pretending to be rock stars at the children's museum, they just couldn't stop playing.
Overall it was a great visit and we hope we don't have to wait another year to see those guys.

No comments: