Sunday, February 17, 2013

Beach Front

So pretty much every year we take a trip to the beach around Jason's birthday. Sometimes it's just Jason and I but for the past couple of years we've taken the boys with us. We like to do it partially to celebrate Jason's birthday, but it's also for our Anniversary and kind of my birthday, it's just none of those times are very convient and things are so much less crowded and cheaper in January.

This year was the first time in a long time that Jason has had paid time off so we were able to spend a little more time there. We stayed 4 days and 3 nights. It was awesome.

We did a lot of walking around,
especially at the beach. We were lucky and were right on the beach so it wasn't a far walk. No swimming for us, but that's ok, at the Oregon coast even in the summer time I'm hesitant to get my feet wet, the water is pretty much always freezing anytime you go.

We ended up doing a lot of beach exploring and chasing waves. A LOT.
These are several days worth of pictures, doesn't look like it but hey, how many coats do you think we have people?
Max especially enjoyed anything having to do with sticks, making holes with sticks, drawing with sticks, playing swords.....you name it.
Daddy terrorizing the boys, good thing they like it. Wonder who they get THAT from.
My boys.
Like most kids, they liked to see just how close they could get without getting wet.
This is probably one of my favorite pictures. I love it when Jason smiles.
I think they decided they would pull out some karate/fighting moves on the waves. Yeah, didn't work.


No comments: