Sunday, February 10, 2013

New Years

What a fun and casual New Years it was. After the boys went down for their earlier celebration we had one of our own, nothing big just Jason, me, and my Mom. 

The boys and I scheamed about what we wanted to do. Top of their list was a Lego game Grandma and Grandpa Goodrich got for them, they are obsessed with it.
I had a bunch of fireworks left over from the 4th so we used some of those up.
Then at 10pm we did our own count down (so glad they can't really tell time yet!) and we pulled out glow sticks to celebrate. It was all pretty low key but probably one of my favorites so far with them because they are now old enough to know what it is and participate.
As far as New Years go I don't really have any real resolution but things that I have actually been trying to work on and hope to continue which include:

1.) Cooking. I hope to have more sit down all together meals than not. Sometimes I get down on myself for not being more on top of things and having a fresh cooked meal ready to go rather than a quick sandwich, waffles or something quick for dinner. But I grew up never having sit down dinners so it's still a new thing. 

2.) Family Home Evenings. Have em'. We've been pretty good, thanks to a lot of reminders from Mr. Levi and Max, they love them and whenever it's there turn to choose activity play a game or play Legos. It's awesome. 

3.) De-clutter. I've always told myself I didn't want to have a 'messy' home, but rather something that while not spotless (which definitely doesn't happen around here), is a place that is neat and semi calmish. Part of that includes purposeful spending on things for the house, kids, myself...... Sometimes I end up buying things that are great, cute, or useful but really not necessary and end up as clutter, so I am trying my hardest to purchase with a real purpose and find new homes for the things we don't really need.

4.) Never ending house projects and we are hoping this year to remodel the back bathroom and hopefully some or all of the front, redo our front closet (and fingers crossed maybe our bedroom one!). And for the backyard there's gravel, a retaining wall and fire pit to do. Should be fun!

5.) For my business, I don't know what this year holds but I'm taking it in stride. It's been a 3 year goal to get a real website up rather than just be based off of etsy (oh the fees I have to pay there....) and it's in the process right now! I am so excited about it. Also it is my goal with the money I make from my jewelry to be completely debt free in 2013. That means no more student loans, truck payments.... I am doing my best to make it all happen. I think I can, I think I can.....

2013 is going to be a good one, I just know it!

No comments: