Saturday, May 18, 2013

4 Years Old


 One of the things I love most about you Mr. Max is that when you want to be, which is fairly often at least with me, you love to snuggle. I love the way you so perfectly fold into my arms and shoulder. I thoroughly enjoy snuggling with my boy.

I think out of all the others in my family (so far) Max will be my fellow night owl. You LOVE to stay up as late as you can and will find any possible excuse not to go to sleep weather it's saying your thirsty, needing to tell whoever's downstairs goodnight, you can't find your favorite blanket/animal/whatever it is. You'd  stay up all night if you could and I know for a fact you do with the grandparents. But unfortunately you can be a grouch the next day but I'm betting as you get older you'll be my late night buddy, maybe not but until then I'll enjoy some of those late night cuddles and chats we have.

You are silly, I mean super silly. You have a very silly sense of humor and is always making me laugh with the things you say.

You are such a helper boy! You love to help dad out in the yard and will stay with him until the job is finished most times, even if that means a couple hours. It's very sweet. Also you are always at anyone's side if you see someone start to cook you tell us, "I want to help!" and you'll pull up a chair and be there in an instant helping until the end. Picking up toys is not your thing but you are getting better, especiallly if we have music on.

At the end of every movie, during the final credits you are almost always the first to get up and start dancing, it is very fun to watch and makes me smile.

You are such a snuggler, not only with me but you have quite of few things you love to snuggle with, you have baby (the clown doll that Uncle Gabe had when he was little), snuggle bear (a blanket/bear that you found in the closet not too long ago), your yellow blanket nese got you, and a number of other blankets which are mostly soft and fluffy to which you have named them all snuggle blanket. Most days you insist on any random combination of these.

On the vein of being a snuggler you are somewhat shy when we are out in public places or are trying new things. You are very quick to hold hands or ask to be held. It can be very sweet. 
 Anytime there is any sort of race, weather its to the car, to get to the other side of a playground whatever, you are very insistent on winning and if you don't think you're going to beat out your big bro or whoever it is you let everyone know how unhappy you are. You have quite the competitive streak in you. I'm pretty sure that comes from me. I am terrible when it comes to board games, just ask your dad.

One of your very favorite things to do in the world is playing with Legos. You have loved it ever since we got our first few and haven't put them down. You would play with them all day if you could. Every time I watch you play or you bring me one of your creations I am amazed how those little fingers of yours figure things out.

Also you love to color, I mean, you definitely don't do it nearly as much as legos but you sure love to draw and make pictures. 
Right now your favorite shows include Word World, Wild Kratts and the Sandlot. I love when you say 'You play ball like a girl!' in that cute little voice of yours!

Needless to say we love you so much Max Daniel. Our lives have been changed because of you and we are so happy that you are a part of our family. I couldn't imagine things without you.

No comments: