Thursday, May 23, 2013

Cleaning House

Just going through my phone and trying to get everything posted, I seem to go through phases from doing phone pictures, using my regular camera to doing nothing at all for weeks at a time. That's life.

These were pictures that Max took with my phone. Normally I don't really let the boys play with it because back when I had a ipod (which I lost and it's still MIA) they got too addicted and demanding so now I have a password and don't let them use it too often. It does however make a great distraction when a certain someone has been rolling around in bark dust and has 'splinters' (just little pokeys) all over. No, it wasn't Jason.
He took this one of my dad's dog Tina.
I love letting the boys play after school, they get to hang out with their buddies, get some wiggles out and soak in the sun. Or in Oregon's case the bits that might poke through the clouds every now and again.

There is definitely a group that has formed of people who stay after and the kids love playing with them. I think it's so cute that everyone knows Max and Levi and are so nice to them even though they are both the youngest. This picture was actually on a pretty warm day, and for us that is anything getting near 70 degrees so of course all the kids burrowed under the play structure and built walls. Kids are so funny.
After re-doing the closets we had a lot of stuff spread out everywhere and Max couldn't help but investigate and of course try on. The kid loves dressing up, that is exept when it comes to dressing up in normal day clothes, because hey, that's boring.

This time he found Jason's headlight and my boots, he told me he was a robot cowboy.
During a freakish warm streak where we were all sweating by the time the afternoon rolled along, Max decided he HAD to wear a hoodie and a vest. Why? Because he wanted to and that's how he rolls.
In preparation for Max's big 4 year old friend Lego party, I pulled out my collection of Lego minifigures. Yes, I have a collection of them. I know, I'm weird but for some reason I love the little guys.

We don't pull them out often so the boys were thrilled and promptly picked out their favorites which were pretty much anyone that had a weapon and we decided to do some story telling with them. It was tons of fun and kind of crazy with their great imaginations.  
Dinner with Grandpa G. at our regular spot, Sweet Tomatos. The boys wanted to see what their faces looked liked covered in chocolate. Afterwards Grandma and Grandpa took Max over night all by himself for the first time to celebrate his b-day. I can't say how awesome it is having grandparents and family nearby.
The next day guess who took who to Toys R Us? Yeah, Grandpas are suckers. But then again, he's a pretty cute kid. He picked out a lot of wild life stuff, a pillow pet light thing, a spiderman camping chair, a dragon bag and a couple other things. Spoiled little boy.
While decorating for the party the boys joined the fun and played Legos on the piano. My little Lego maniacs. I love it.

No comments: