Thursday, May 23, 2013

Musings

- I don't know about anyone else but I am really looking forward to summer and can't believe it's only 3 or so weeks away. The boys and I will be off to see my brother and his new baby right after school gets out then home for a few days and then off again to Lake Coeur D'alene for a week during 4th of July weekend (side note, paid time off is amazing). Then just a lot of hanging out for the rest of the summer. We can't wait and the boys and I have already come up with a sizable list of what we want to do. I'm really excited because I'll be in my second trimester for most of it, which is usually my most comfortable and easiest time.

- Unlike my other pregnancies I have felt 'nest-y' the whole time and have been slowly trying to work on things around the house. I got new closet organizers for both the boys room and our own, to which I had a huge sigh of relief after they were done because I know things would get crowded really fast and those closets were both disasters and big wastes of space. So now in the boys room there is enough room for all (at least cloths wise) and ours looks way better and we now have a spot for the bassinet. Yes, I put them in the closet because I want them near, but not too near because I can't handle kids in bed with me. Just can't.

- Speaking of babies....In 3 weeks I will find out if we are having a girl or boy. Everyone asks me what I want and I am 50/50 dead even for either. I could see pros for either. A boy would be so much easier logistically, we would probably have them all in the same room, we have all boy clothes, toys and everything. Also I have come to feel very comfortable with being a mother to boys, I get them (kind of, I mean as much as one can 'get' any member of the opposite sex). But I know them and somewhat know how to handle them. Girls? I am clueless. Several weeks ago I was babysitting some sisters and they came to me with something they were fighting about and I was totally drawing a blank about how to handle the situation. I don't have any experience with girls, I hardly ever babysit them, we only really have boy cousins close by, it would be a new learning experience. But there are so many fun things about girls and having a daughter. I mean the crafting I could do for her alone makes me drool a little. Again, it's completely split to me, though I know pretty much everyone wants a girl for me but in complete honesty I would be fine with a girl or a boy.

- I am in my second trimester which is WAY better than the first. In my first I was completely exhausted all. the. time. I would wake up after 10 hours just wanting to sleep. Even after a nap or two I just wanted sleep! Then I didn't want to eat anything at all and the thought and smell of meat made me want to throw up. Luckily I didn't and have since gotten better and can now stay up past 10 or 11. I still haven't really wanted any meat but that's ok, I'll take it! I'm feeling better and a lot more like my normal self. Still needed a nap here and there but doing better.

- A couple of weeks ago was Mother's Day weekend and it was glorious. I realized what I really really wanted for mother's day was a day off,  to which Jason kindly obliged. He took Levi to his t-ball game with Mr. Max while I got to sleep in and actually take some time getting ready for the day without having to worry about all the other stuff I had to do like feed kids, get them ready, clean the house, work..... Then I went off to do some shopping, which was desperately needed considering baby's getting bigger and so am I. Not too much but I definitely wanted some looser, maternity type clothing. I went through some of my older ones and they were horrible and I'm pretty sure from when I had Levi. Then I went to lunch with some of my mom friends and got a pedicure with one, which I have only had done for my prom and wedding. It was an hour of amazingness and I will definitely be doing it again. After that more shopping. It takes me forever to find what I like and usually I only have a little bit of time to get something or have to do it without trying it on (which is a bad idea) but I just got to go and take my time. Needless to say it was wonderful. Then on top of that Jason had gotten me and ipad mini, which I love and use. It was a great day.
  
-Jason is going away for almost a week starting today. Well technically only 4 1/2 days but I really won't see him for 6 whole days because he's going straight after work and won't be home until late next week. He is going with his uncle to visit his grandpa in Arizona and see if he needs help with anything around the house. They are both Mr. Fix it's. We'll see if I can survive being a single mom for almost a week. I had planned some fun outdoor stuff back when the weather man said there was a chance of nice weather, but alas it will be pretty much rain and the boys have been in fighting moods especially since it has already been raining for the past while.


No comments: