Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Utah Trip - SLC

For one of the days we were in Utah we decided to head over to SLC, which my boys had never been to and it had been a while for all of us.

First stop was the Church History Museum which is awesome, I love history stuff. But much like the other museums we had gone to with 5 boys under 5 it was all done at a much faster pace than it otherwise would have gone. Thus my reason for no pictures. I was too busy just keeping kids from tapping on the glass, running away and keeping together.

These two shots were taken when I was waiting with Max for my mom who was taking her time and reading every single plaque. She's like that. Max was very angry at the moment about me taking pictures and these were the best two I got.
We then went to temple square and did a lot of walking around and split up. I ended up with Max, Scarlett, Levi, Kara and baby in the Assembly Hall which I had actually never been in. It's pretty.
Aren't they cute?
I was trying to get all photography crazy with Levi in front of this extremely pretty stained glass window but like many of my big ideas it wasn't panning out.
So I started taking some just in front of the window which I loved. Much much better.
I can't even handle how much I love his face, I don't think I could get tired of looking at it.
Now Mr. Max's turn. He was a little more distant.
Then he just got crazy silly. Good thing we were in the very back row.
Aunt Rose even let me get a couple of shots in.
Levi up by the Christ statue. He's so handsome.
Max was trickier.....
So I took a pic of Aunt Rose and Henry.
I tried a second time to get a good picture of Max until he finally said, 'Just one more mom.'
Got this quick picture when my mom was trying to get one. They were all confused at where to look. Cute cousins.
Then I tried my hardest to get a good brother shot which Levi tried so hard to pull together but Max, for some reason lately, has decided he pretty much hates cameras at least 80% of the time.
And this is the money shot. They both look happy and are looking at the camera. It's a modern day miracle!!!!!
Now. One of the other things I really wanted to do for everyone is get some really good family shots so we found a place to do it. Here were my amazing lighting test subjects. As a side note, it took an awful lot of  'picture treats' to get all those where they needed to be. Thank goodness for Runts, the picture treat of choice.
Walkin like a boss.
Averie, lounging.
Here was the White family. Now. It was tricky at first because Max INSISTED he be a part of their family picture. It was funny and ultimately took a lot of bribing to get him out of the picture. But I decided to keep a few shots.
Then when it was really just the White's Henry decided to sit at a distance.
But Kara fixed that problem.
Will-o.
Big brothers.
Now. I can't help but putting a million of these up because I love them all so darn much. I was trying my hardest to get all the boys to stay together so I could get a picture of them all and it finally took Uncle Gabe behind me doing 'magic tricks' to get them to stay focused on one thing and stay somewhat still.
Oh, I love how Max is choking Henry (we did say put your arm around him)
They were all amazed and giggling hysterically. We even have a number of passerbyer who watched the insanity.

Last one. I SO wish I had a video of all this. They were dying of laughter.
Then some more peaceful quiet ones of mom and baby (ok, it only looked peaceful and quiet, it still had all the craziness going on, you just can't see it)
No, no pictures!
Now some of mom, dad and daughter. Just ignore the crazy kid running in the background.
Not sure which of the two are my faves......
Last of the family shots is all the grand kids with grandma (again, thank you Uncle Gabe for keeping them entertained. I need him to just follow me around whenever I do pictures)
It was happy chaos.
Just Levi because he's awesome.
While we were waiting, and in between wedding photography sessions I took some shots of boys right in front of the big doors of the temple. What fun boys.





Uncle Gabe wasn't there so I'm not sure what was so funny. Don't think it was me.....


No comments: