Saturday, January 23, 2016

Crushes and Mario Party

It's Scott Sterling! The boys love Studio C and I couldn't resist getting them these shirts for his birthday. 
Family doughnut time from our new favorite spot.
Max's birthday! I love printing off these signs so they get a big happy birthday right when they wake up. I got the idea from Kate because I remember her doing something like that with her kiddos.
And of course balloons.
Naked baby wants some strawberries. Davis is my runner. It's terrifying.
See, running and hiding all the time.
I was going about my business when Max asks for my cell phone number then I got a call. He thought it was hilarious.
The invite for Jared and Miranda's wedding. It's so them and I love the look Barkley's giving.
Max and Levi LOVE Newsies the music and movie. We've been listening to the music a lot while we pick up. Sometimes it's the only way I can get Max to do it.
For Max's birthday he really wanted to go to Red Robin which we hardly ever do so we were happy to oblige. He thinks its cool when people sing to you at a restaurant.  By the way all the boys were looking off into the corner at a MMA fight. Boys.
No pictures!
Max watching the people sing to him, I tried to get him to smile but he was playing shy.
Though he was quite happy after they left and he had his ice cream.
And for the rest of us we got a big slice of that chocolate ice cream pie thing. Max still ate his fair share of it. I wish we had timed it because I swear it was all gone in like 5 minutes. I kind of want to go again and time it then come back when their teenagers and see what their time is like.
Max's birthday gift from us was was a backpack of his own. The boys got to go backpacking with Jason last year on a smaller hike and wanted to go again. They were both so excited to get their own packs. They were kind of spendy but we got them in big enough sizes that they should last at the very least through their first year or so of boy scouts.
All Davis wanted to look at and climb the bikes.
I found my report card as I was cleaning out the downstairs. Gram and Grampy kept everything!
Straight A's. I was such a nerd. Still am and am totally fine with it.
Practicing flips. They are definitely improving.
Trouble maker.

I was able to clean out the 'coffin'. It took FOREVER. Grampy made this for gram to store fabric and such in. While the top had fabric the bottom 3/4 was full of various papers and books which took some time to go through. I'm pretty sure they kept every wedding invitation, baby announcement and graduation announcement they got! I did get lots of pictures and other things that were saved.
My man and I waiting for the school bus.
Some of those pictures I found. The first I have no idea who they were but I just love that 80's style.
Another day at playground duty. When I came in I saw Levi talking to a girl. He never talks to girls that I see. I couldn't help myself and took a picture.


Prepping for Max's Mario party. This year was a friend birthday party year.
While the boys were at school Davis and I went shopping and tried on hats. I ended up getting him the super man one, I just couldn't resist.
And finally found our second key. We had at one point lost both keys long enough that I had to start making calls to local locksmiths and unlike a traditional key this kind would cost hundreds of dollars to replace but luckily we eventually found one then this the other. I had put it in a coat pocket which I never use then when I finally did found it.
At the end of school party being cooler than ever.
At the end of school party they got their yearbooks for everyone to sign. When we were in the van going home I saw Levi writing in his book and at first I was going to get after him thinking he was drawing mustaches on people but then he told me he was but it was a secret. Later I got it out of him that one of the boys in his class liked one girl and another one liked the other and he liked her (this was the girl he was talking to ealier). So cute. And weird thinking my little boy likes a girl. It was bound to happen at some point.
Max had called me out to the back yard to help him and I burst out laughing. These were the chains for the hoyer (lift) that we used to use for gram getting her in and out of bed and such. It had been a while since I had seen them since she used them only for the first year or so after we started living with her.
Oh Dave.
It was Max's and my night to go on a date (we've been trying to do kids individually so they each get to go out with one or the other of us). And Max and I went to Lippmans to get a couple of things for his party.
Then since we were in Portland I got in touch with Jared to see if he was home and could come over. He was so we did and had some dinner. It had been a long time since we last saw them and Max wanted to. I had actually never been to his house before so it was nice to finally see it.
Playing some music.
And having some dinner.
Again. He LOVES my wallet. It's not my favorite thing.
Mario Max
Max helped me fill goody boxes.

Making the pinata, it was one of those question mark cubes you hit to get coins.
Ours just had candy and if you got a big star you got a bigger prize.
Setting up the obstacle course.
Pizza.
Stomp the gomba.
Getting he kids ready and explaining how the course will work.
Watch out for fireballs!
After party Lego building.

No comments: