Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bedtime

Lately I have been putting Levi to bed while Jason feeds Max or something else. We go through phases of who puts who to bed since they usually go at slightly different times, or sometimes we'll do it all together.

I have loved putting Levi to bed, at times it is the most rewarding part of my day. We usually read a book, right now he is loving Harold and the Purple Crayon. Then we'll say a prayer. Recently he has been insisting on saying his own and so I'll help him out. He prays about the cutest things! He's said thank you for his kitchen, dinosaurs, animals, rocket ships, cars....whatever he feels like. It's so genuine and straight from his two year old boy heart. Tonight I prompted him to say thank you for his family and he said 'thank you Grandpa Mike, Grandpa Narry (larry) and Papa (my dad). Today we had talked about how he is so lucky to have three grandpas, to which he replied 'More!' so Nese you'd better get on that one!

Also we have been going through the gospel art book, a book which I LOVE because it has a lot of church pictures making teaching the gospel a lot easier to a toddler. He is loving the story of Daniel and the "bad guys" who threw him in the den. We also do songs to go with some of the pictures. His absolute favorite? Latter day prophets and he can say most of them, it's so sweet. He also likes Book of Mormon Stories and I Hope They Call Me on a Mission, he'll even bring me the book and insist we sing in the middle of the day.

I love my evenings with my big boy, it makes me remember what it's all about.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

he's such a smart boy kendra! you guys should be proud parents-you're raising one awesome little boy! :)