Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Morning time

I am not a morning person, never have been and probably never will be. It's not like I can't because I did it for school, as a missionary, and as a teacher. I just don't like to and I'm not the most pleasant person to be around right after getting up. I'm lucky enough to have Jason working from home in the mornings which allows me to sleep in just a little bit more than I normally would. I love it.

This morning I woke to a little boy who wanted me to read him a dinosaur book. What a way to wake up! I wiped the sleepyness out of my eyes as we looked at Tyrannosaurus, stegosaurus and triceratops.

This morning was also Max's first time bathing in the sink. I don't know why I didn't think of it before but duh! It's the perfect size and he was quite upset when it was time to get out.

We have a sort of morning routine. Wake up, eat, get dressed and ready for the day, play, sesame street time/some other show, snack time, play, lunch and nap. It doesn't always go like that but basically that's how it goes. Then wake up time and we play until dinner!

Now it is nap time. Levi, my funny little man, just asked to 'go to sleep'. First time for that! But Max was already in the room napping and we told him to be quiet and not wake him up. What do I hear right now? Huge dinosaur growls and the cooing of a little baby. Maybe he's playing dinosaur too.

No comments: