Monday, January 25, 2010

So good!

Jason loves two things: Oreos and Reeses Peanut butter cups. So when I saw these recipes I HAD to try them for his birthday.

These are called Oreo Truffles and whoever dreamed them up are now a hero of mine. They are amazing!
I made them for Jason and brought a plate down with one candle in it and we sang to him. Everyone loved them and took a couple, what he didn't know was THIS was just minutes away:

The Ultimate Chocolate Layered Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Birthday Cake


One word: rich. Double chocolaty devils food cake, peanut butter drizzle, cream cheese frosting and Reeses on top. It made even the biggest sweet tooth stop after only half a piece.

These two are definitely going in the recipe box.

Here is the link for BOTH recipes. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Marissa and Blaine said...

YUM!!! My mouth is definitely watering!!!

Danielle said...

OH MY-those look ridiculously good!!!! I've made the oreo truffles before and they are quite delicious. Never tried the cake, might have to put it on the list though of things to try. :)

Memory said...

Kendra! You forgot the most important thing...the recipes! HELLO! Must try these delectable looking delights!

Emily Hayes said...

I so need to remember that cake for my husband's birthday. He will just love it.

Vahe and Leisha said...

Yes! Recipes please!!