Saturday, January 16, 2010

A New Point of View

Though many make a New Years Resolution to lose weight, get fit and be healthier in the coming year, mine was not. I made an after baby #2 resolution, around the end of July to do all that stuff. I had actually started the summer before during a jogging class I was taking to finish up my degree, but got pregnant and since losing weight and being pregnant wasn't exactly smiled upon, I toned things down for a while.

One of the ways both myself and my sister had been working on becoming healthier is jogging on a treadmill in my garage. When we moved here I really wanted to setup a little 'gym' area with the treadmill, bike and other stuff we had, since I knew that going to a 'real' gym was probably not going to happen, I just need something more convienent.

So began operation 'clean up garage'. All this started after Max was a couple months old and sleeping more predictably. It took a while and a lot of man hours of cleaning and organizing but I got a good sized area of the garage cleaned out, where we put the treadmill to start it out.

Then came more junk. How is it that garages are just magnets for it????

Luckily this month we got it cleaned out again (thanks to the help of a new shed for all the outdoor tools!) and I got my area back! Before more stuff could pile up I got foam floor tiles and a little help from Mr. Fix-It himself. If you want a job done to the end, just call Jason.

Here is what I looked at while jogging before.

And this is what I get to look out now. This is what it looked like a week ago, right after we put the floor in. It's the best pic I could get. But it has a bike, a treadmill, a tv to watch videos on and even a love seat (which I don't know if we'll keep, but Levi so far likes to sit and hang out there). And just yesterday we added a brand new eliptical machine thanks to my madre. I've loved working out in the "Goodrich Gym" it has made working out a lot funner, I'm so excited about it!

1 comment:

Carly said...

That's awesome. I SO want a tredmill (how do you spell that?) someday. I love to get outside and go walking... but this winter business just makes it nigh unto impossible with a baby. Way to be a champion and create your own Goodrich gym :)

ps I met a girl the other day who just got married and her maiden name was Goodrich... and she was so sad to lose it! I made me think of you :)