Thursday, July 15, 2010

Simple Pleasures

I know many moms dread going to the grocery store with the kids but I LOVE it. But the only difference is I only take Levi with me. Luckily Jason's work schedule has always been flexible so he can stay with Max. Honestly I've never gone grocery shopping with both of them (I'm too chicken, I'd rather go at 2 in the morning than with both kiddos on the 'big shop')

Now, I hate getting ready to go to the store because that means putting together a menu for the upcoming weeks and making a huge list so we don't have to make any unexpected grocery trips later (except for milk, these boys sure drink a lot of it!) since I only go once every two weeks.

Yesterday Levi and I set off on a little adventure and had quite a lot of places to go. One thing I love to do is turn of the music (I would normally have it blaring if it were just me) and we just chat about whatever. I like to give mini spanish lessons about whatever it is we're doing or looking at. It's just a fun time to be together.

We stopped at Goodwill to drop some stuff off, went to the post office, the craft store, the dollar store and then the grocery store. Yipes, that's a lot. But it was fun and I am so impressed with how well he does helping me 'find' things, pick out fruit and listening to me (except when he sees toys then it's like he's completely deaf)

No comments: