Sunday, July 4, 2010

Time out

Since Levi was about two I would usually begin to count down from five if he was being naughty, and normally it would work. Often I would wonder what I would do when I reached zero. I have put him in his room a couple times when he was especially naughty, but not much. This method has been kind of difficult to enforce sometimes because he and Max share a room and Max loves his beauty sleep (maybe that's why he's so dang cute). Usually that means I sit with him and talk about what he did or something like that.

But not this time.

He told me he wanted to go out side to pick a flower. I said no. Minutes later, I hear the front door open, to which I tell him to come back inside. Silence. I run down (myself being not quite so ready for the day, if you know what I mean) . It took a couple minutes to convince him to come off the porch long enough for me to grab him and drag him inside.

Since Mr. Max was still sleeping, and because he has done this a couple times before, I decided to put Mr. Man in official 'time out'. At first he slid off the chair, then I put him back. This repeated a number of times. Then he finally stayed (after moving into another chair, which is fine by me) and there he sat for two whole minutes. I heard a lot of grumbling and thought he'd gotten up but he was still there. After a little talk, a hug and a kiss, all was well. We then played airplanes, I guess we're still friends.

Thank you Nanny Jo.

No comments: