Sunday, January 30, 2011

Challenge

Challenges used to scare me. A lot. I feared failure. Not only public failure but private failure. Because of this, I didn't take on a lot of challenges because I'd rather be safe than to risk anything. But going to collage, on a mission, being married, having kids, starting and running my own business, losing weight have all helped me to get over many of those fears. I know that I will completely fail at some things. That's a given. But I have learned that I can succeed at many things too and even if I fail, I usually end up having a lot of fun along the way.

When my Aunt Kathy asked if I'd do the wedding photos for my cousin I was scared but I wanted to challenge myself and I knew I'd learn a lot. So I said yes. I did the wedding pictures for a good friends wedding, my very first, which turned out a lot better than I expected but it was in the summer and outdoors. Lighting there was not really an issue. This one was going to be indoors and lighting was going to be a HUGE challenge, because it was a freezing January day so hardly any outdoor pics and there were only a few windows inside, which both made it challenging to get the lighting right.

After a month of editing, thanks to a laptop breakdown and a computer virus, here are some of my favorite pics of the day. I learned a lot and it's always fun to get to rent and play with some super expensive equipment that I will probably never buy

No comments: