Sunday, January 16, 2011

First Day

A couple weeks ago was Levi's first day of primary and it was my first day of having a child in primary. I wasn't quite sure how he was going to handle it because he LOVES nursery and his teachers. I mean loves it. He gets so excited for it every Sunday and is sad every time we pick him up to leave. But the day had to come sometime.

To prepare I'd been talking primary up a lot and telling him about how he gets a new teacher and new class and how much fun it is. Also I let him have one of my mini Book of Mormons I used in collage when I didn't want to pack heavy. He even got a little bag to put it in, which he was so excited to carry (It was one of those small bags we got from the subway kids meal. It was the manliest bag I could find on short notice. I think I'll make something even better eventually, we'll see.)

He loved going and I got to see him during the primary time because I do music. At first he sat still longer than I had ever seen him in his life trying to absorb it all in but towards the last 15 minutes or so he really got into things during the music time and has been great ever since. I'm so excited to be able to see him in primary and how he interacts with people. This kid is a natural born sunbeam.

No comments: