Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Definitions

Ask Levi what the definition is for jail.

"It's time out for villains!"

On the 4th while Max was still napping and we were waiting to start smores and fireworks, we were channel surfing and stumbled on an old school Batman movie. I mean 1966. It was the most awesomest, cheesiest, extremely fake punching, horrible acting, movie I've ever seen. I couldn't stop laughing. We don't really let the boys watch superhero movies/shows, all of them are so dark, violent and just not what we want them seeing so young. The only way Levi knows about all these superheros are from what he asks us, some snippets of commercials, and seeing products in stores. That's it. But this movie was irresistible. So tame, cheesy, and full of hilarity yet it totally entranced my lover of all things superhero.

Any ways. We later got to talking about 'bad guys' and what happens when superheros get them. "They go to jail" I told him which he of course asks, "What's jail?". I had to pause for a moment to try and explain what a jail is to my sweet 3 year old. "It's where people who make bad choices go to think about what they've done, and try to be better". That's all I could come up with. "Oh, like time out", he said. "Yeah, kind of like that".

1 comment:

Danielle said...

oh i bet that movie was hilarious! and a time out-smart boy!