Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday-ness

So this is all ramblings, mostly due to the fact that my house is a disaster (more so than usual) and the boys are napping so it's actually quiet and I don't feel like doing anything super productive.

We just got back from the zoo. It was INSANE. So insane that we actually didn't go to the zoo. I looked forever and couldn't find parking, even in the back. We kept going so far back we got to the Rose Gardens and ended up going to the big park they have there. Levi got over not seeing penguins, which he really wanted to see, and Max could have cared less and went with the flow. We'll go to the zoo some other, less crowded time.

They both had a fun time running around, and it was terribly funny to see Max walk around the 'upper levels' of the playground. He was crouched and walked really slowly. He's kind of afraid of heights. They chased a squirrel, a bird, Max fell in a bush running down a hill, Levi practiced introducing himself to new people. It was quite funny to watch, he's so sweet about it. I think some kids don't get him because he looks so big, like some of the 6 year olds we met, but still is only 3 almost 4 and talks like one. He was doing so good and trying so hard to meet new kids. He just loves to be around other little people.

At the park we even got ice cream from an ice cream truck, a first for them. Overall a good, semi-stress free, fun time. I'm glad we went, despite the fact that I almost didn't because my house is trashed and even worse I have an extremely bad sunburn I got Tuesday so basically anytime I move it hurts. Going to the park chasing kids with it didn't sound fun, but we took it easy.

In the car we (by we, I mean Levi) watched a documentary on ants. He loved it.

Tomorrow is the German Jamboree (Jason's family reunion) and I won't be going because I have my 10 year high school reunion. Man I feel old, yet at the same time pretty young. It seriously feels like I just graduated and that I'm still 17. But I'm not and I've even got a few stands of grey hairs to prove it. We'll see how it goes. My BFF Becca from high school is going with me and I don't think I'd go without her, I don't talk a lot to people from high school, not that I don't want to, just limited time, energy and such. It should be interesting.

Also I have to go to the gem faire to buy supplies for my shop in the morning where I hopefully don't break the bank. So many sparkly things. I love it. But all that going on means I can't go to the family reunion. Bummer. I always loved going. EXCEPT the year Levi puked all over me. I wish I could forget that one. At least that part of it. Definitely on of my top 10 most embarrassing moments EVER.

Trying to figure out what to do for dinner. It is one of the things I don't like doing much lately due to the fact that no matter what I make someone, or everyone, isn't going to be happy with it and it literally might get thrown on the floor.

Right now Jason is working on building a retaining wall in the back yard, we are moving the trampoline and dreaming and scheming of all the things we want to eventually do back there. The wall is this summers project. He is doing an amazing job and I can't believe I married someone so clever, handy, and hard working. Every day it looks better and better, he comes home from work and gets right to it. I might have even dug a little bit, which is only 1/100th of what he's done but I'm trying to keep kids out of his way, work on dinner, the house and such.

AHHHH! I hear the boys. Max at least. He slept the last five minutes of the ride in the car. I sure hope he doesn't think that was his nap.

No comments: