Saturday, July 30, 2011

Yard Crashers

For this years outdoor summer project we, (ok, by we I mostly mean me) decided to do the back corner of the yard so that we could put the trampoline there making it easier to see the boys while they play and also to use the side yard for more plants because it's the sunniest area we have back there. All this meant building two retaining walls because it was a pretty steep hill.

I wish I took some before pictures to see the differences, but trust me, it's a big change. Pretty much all of the area he filled in was not usable, empty with just a couple bushes. It's all been a really big job and I don't think I could count the number of man hours Jason has put into it all. He really is the most amazing, cleverest, handiest, hardest worker I've ever met. I probably would have given up after a couple hours. I would have liked to help him more but I mostly tried to keep the boys out of his hair the best I could.
But the boys have liked to go back and 'help' when they can, mostly just because then they can use their shovels and other tools. Max is usually the more enthused of the two, he's always loved to follow daddy around the yard doing whatever he does. If he hears the lawn being mowed you better bet he'll have his boots on and be out there as fast as those cute little legs can carry him.

What a hard worker I have. If there were some sort of natural disaster I am pretty sure the only reason we would survive, and that's including the rest of my family, is because of Jason.
Collaborating.
Max's idea of shoveling mostly involves him flinging rocks and dirt around.

Levi isn't quite as into it but is pretty good about thanking dad for his hard work.

After several sessions of working in the yard and trying to steal dad's gloves whenever they were off, Jason found some just for Max. He loves them and has been pretty obsessed with gloves ever since.
More yard details later. The trampoline is now moved and Jason decided to put a new, bigger sandbox next to it. It is the perfect place.

No comments: