Thursday, September 1, 2011

Blah, Blah, Blah

Some times I just feel like typing, like my fingers are itching to type. I've always loved to ever since my grandpa got us started practicing on his computer all during the summer when we were kids, it was our 'home work' along with a math computer game. Grand fun. But we loved it and now we are all pretty good typers and it's always been a blessing to me, especially whenever it came to finding a job.

These past few weeks have been weird. I don't know why but I feel a little overwhelmed, even though I'm doing what I usually do. The only difference, I think, is the boy's sleeping habits, which affect me greatly. Lately both Max and Levi have both been getting up at the crack of dawn, which is really 6:30/7 or so, and for me, miss "she-who-stays-up-till-2-or-3-in-the-morning-most-nights-and-hasn't-gone-be-bed-before-midnight-in-probably-years" it has been a stinky adjustment.

I suppose it had to happen at some point. That means we've had to make Max's naps earlier and even started doing a much earlier bedtime most nights. Levi hasn't been taking his naps but is pretty good about having a quiet time though. Right now he is 'reading' a stack of new books we got at the library on my bed and Max actually went down without much of a fight.

Also we took away Max's pacifier for good. I kind of hate it. If it were up to me we'd probably have it for a lot longer. He was only using it during his nap time, nothing else. It made everything so much easier, just give him it, his blanket, tell him to go to bed and he'd run off to sleep. Now it's kicking and screaming, many times ending up with him crashing next to the door and only sleeping for a short amount of time, giving me like zero time to get my work done. I hope he does better in the next couple weeks.

Parenthood sure changes you. Goodness sakes you learn a lot. Speaking of not knowing a ton about kids, my sister is dating a guy I LOVE. I like him better than all her other past guys times 1000. The hilarious thing is he seriously knows nothing about kids. We went out once and I kept mentioning needing to get Max down for a nap and he asked, seriously, "what's up with kids and naps, how much sleep to they actually need?"After a great big chuckle, I briefly informed him about the direct correlation between children's grumpiness and their sleep Then when we were with my brother and his new baby he looked at him and asked "is he ok??" pointing to the baby's shirt half wet with drool. SOOOO funny. Anyways, we all like him and are keeping our fingers crossed.

Today we went to the library and picked out some new books. The first five minutes were great, Levi brought tons of new ones to look at with me while Max brought over all the chairs for us. Then he saw another kid his age with a book and decided he HAD to have that one. I made him give it back then he flipped, all the way out. As I had a bag full of books in one hand screaming child in the other, the lady I opened the door for gave me a kind smile and said "It's ok, I have one of those too". Dang. I'm that mom. Oh well. Least we got some books, but that is why I refuse to go grocery shopping with kids. No way, no how. At least not right now with both. Mama's only got so much patience.

Levi news......he's so excited about going to pre-school in a couple weeks and asks if we're going pretty much every day. He's been crafting a lot lately and I finally cleaned of their art table in my office so they have a spot. We've made a spider, painted a lot, made a train from a kit his grandma gave him, made me a necklace and bracelet combo. Max is pretty into it too. Also he's been playing with a ZuZu (???) pet he got for his b-day. It's decorated with silly bands and stickers. His name is 'hampy' the hamster. I love it when Levi does his puppet/animal voice. So cute. And he's been asking about doing a sport. When I ask he says he wants to do them all. I don't know if we're ready for it, we'll see how things are when school starts.

That's it....for now. I have a ton of pics and other stuff but I just felt like writing.

No comments: