Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Thirsty

Lately it seems that Levi has been SO thirsty for knowledge. He loves books and so we've been going to the library a lot, despite the fact that I am always a criminal there with all my fines. I just like to think of it as making a charitable contribution which allows me keep the books longer than permitted, or until I can find them.

He has his quiet time everyday where he goes off and 'reads' a pile of books. It's amazing because even if we've read it only once he knows most of the story and can recite it pretty well. He loves all kinds of books, animal books, bug books, train books, Bernstein Bears, Richard Scarry ones, The Magic School Bus, and anything educational. Like today we spent a good half hour looking over a kids atlas talking all about the north pole/artic regions, and the northeastern part of the US. He loves ones about bugs, body parts, about the earth.....He's such a good student right now. We're even working on having him write his name and he can actually do it! It's kind of crazy looking but it's there. So if your wondering where your b-day thank you card is we're working on them cause he's writing his name on every one!


1 comment:

Amyann6 said...

That is good that you have a smart kid! Our goal is to have Gabe reading by kindergarten...so far so good!
p.s. thank you for reminding me about all my overdue DVD's--I forgot! Yikes.