Sunday, September 7, 2014

Camp. And More Camp.

Sometimes I wonder if I will ever catch up on anything. Blogging, the dishes, laundry, work....I doubt it but I'm sure going to give it a try and will continue to 'just keep swimming'.

This little guy has been running around in a diaper all summer. With Max and Levi Jason didn't really allow that to happen. Ok he probably would have if I pushed hard enough but he just didn't think it was very proper. I didn't care too much because of just how it worked out age and season wise. But now it is just so dang hot that sometimes our house feels hotter inside than out and I feel for the kid. So diaper boy it is and I love it. I love his chubby legs, his little belly that sticks out. I love it all.

The boys have also been pretty good with him playing in the living room. The Legos are now outside in the fort so other toys have been played with more. Davis of course likes to come up to whatever it is they're doing and completely demolish it. Right now we just call him 'baby Godzilla' and they can laugh it off for the most part. We'll see how long that lasts.
And it was another week of kids camp, this time it was the one we did last year. We had Ethan and Bennett  which worked out perfectly. Danielle would take the boys to it so Davis could get his beauty sleep and then afterward I would pick up and the boys would play an hour or two which the boys loved. They did all sorts of fun stuff. Water day, carnival day, sports day.....Man, I want to be a kid again.
Bennett loved the trains and would immediately go to them while the other three went out and played with the Legos. Davis hung out and I did my best to keep him from destroying all of Bennetts tracks. He's pretty fast but the Demolition Man is much faster.
One evening I had to get an order done or something and Max came up to me and asked if he could sit on my lap and draw while I worked. Normally I don't because I can't but I was doing some pretty simple stuff and I was actually able to manage. I can only this for so long! Also look at that Batman. He did such a great job staying in the lines. When Jason saw it he could barely believe it.
Carnival day. While I was snapping some pictures Max kept shoving his bag in my face while the others were unwrapping their candy and shoveling it in as fast as they could. Again. Wish I was a kid.
On that day, carnival day, Max did the sweetest thing ever. Before hopping out of the van he handed over three pink starbursts because he knows they are my favorites even though I know he likes them. He's such a sweetheart. He's even done that with his preschool teacher and always remembers her favorite candy bar is Milky Ways and would save some for her. That is true love. Not to be outdone Levi then gave me one of his. He is sweet too. Just likes pink as much as his mom.
Ethan and his Lego creation. He kept working on his all week and I even had it on the bookshelf for a couple weeks after, then it went back to the pile. Boys and their Legos.
Davis and his gun. I love it, doesn't he look tough?

Just playin'.
Levi absolutely loves pickles. What he loves just as much is coming up to me and kissing me because he knows I hate them and the smell of them. So he'll eat one, come up to me and ask for a kiss with a sly smile. I let him and then he starts giggling. I know he has pickle breath but I'll kiss that kid any day.
Davis helped me pick up some more storage bins for my epically long overhaul and organization of all the boys cloths that took up the living room for what seemed like a month. It is over thank goodness. We also picked up a new church shirt for Levi. That kid won't stop growing.
And Krispy Kreams because that's what you do after camp.
We did a super quick trip to the library to drop off some overdue books (I am always a library criminal) and they were awesome and carried the bag and took care of it all for me. I'm going to keep them.
We got to hang out with Ivan during a piano lesson. I miss holding babies. Davis won't really let me. If I do he's got a death grip on my necklace and shirt collar and is either looking around or grabbing at my glasses. They grow up too fast.
After camp I asked the kids if they wanted a banana for a snack and they completely wiped me out. I started out the day thinking I had  a lot of bananas (there were 4 but sometimes it takes a while to go through them if they're not in the mood) but then the were all gone in two minutes. It gave me a glimpse of my future living among giants.
We did a sleepover so we had hot dogs and smores. I didn't have a match to start the fire so I used my butane torch I use for jewelry making. Then afterwards off for a swim before heading off to bed. Oh and Ethan had like 5 starbursts and kept trying to roast them. I tried to help but most went in the fire. I'm not yet proficient in roasting them. Maybe one day.

Sleepover time! They all went down pretty fast because they played hard. Then they were up early, watched a show or two and then off to play again.
Max and his Magformer power fist or whatever he calls it. He loves making it and pretending he has special powers.
And you'll never guess what I caught Levi doing......
When we still had the kiddos over I cut up a bunch of amazing peaches. They were not impressed and opted to run outside and play. Davis and I didn't mind finishing them up though.
Davis had a checkup and was completely smitten with himself. That and he pulled off tons of that tissue paper stuff they have on the exam tables. He's a wild one.
Don't know why he's making this face, he loves food. Still pretty dang cute.
Then the big boys, Jason and a friend of his from work along with their dog were off for an overnight camping trip. Max adored the dog.
And I got a little peek at some butt in the air napping. It's my favorite.

And for my 'while Jason is gone' project I put together a bike rack. All the bikes and scooters were getting a little out of hand and so we now have this underneath the fort. I would have done the garage but their is no way that was ever going to happen. Davis was quite the helper. He mostly played in the packaging and banged pieces against each other. He was pretty awesome company and gave lots of smiles along the way.
Pictures from their trip. They went shooting and apparently Max is a pretty decent shot. All right, I got me some protectors. Makes a mama feel safe.
And these are the pictures that Jason's friend took. He is a semi-professional photographer. I wish I could take more time to take better pictures. It's just a matter of choices and time I suppose. One day I might have more time to really focus on getting better and improving editing but for right now I just do what I can and love it!
Peach time. I ended up freezing most half and the refrigerating the other half because they were so darn good. I miss them already.....Davis kept sticking his fingers in the box leaving little finger holes in peaches. They were so cute I couldn't be mad.
I cannot remember why this pouting is happening. It could be one of a hundred, or even thousand reasons.
Max thought it would be hilarious to not only brush is teeth but his knee. I just laughed.
Lately I have been feeling completely overwhelmed with housework. It is so much work and I can't keep up, it's a losing battle. Then having to have the kids help is just as much work so I started making up these job charts so they can see what they have to do before they can do other funner things. Levi's pretty good about doing them and Max is getting better. It's easier if I give him a sticker to put next to it when it's done. Hopefully in time they can do things without having to be asked and just look at the chart and get it done. Help a mama out!
And I let the boys play with my minifigures. They were thrilled. They separated the good guys from the bad guys and made up all kinds of stories.
And Sunday after church. Davis was pooped. I never get to snuggle with this guy, he is go go go all the time so I held him for a bit before putting him in bed. I love my little bald man.
Jason realized he didn't send me some of these pictures he had on his phone from when we visited Grandpa and a couple others.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

awww, I love this blog! what a great week that was! wish our boys got to play like that every week together!

You look like one happy beautiful mama in that last picture with Davis. :)