Friday, August 26, 2011

First Date

Even though I'm like 2-3 weeks behind on everything I thought I'd post this. I just got back from the best date night with my little man.

Tonight a family friend of ours, Jena, got married over at the Crown Ballroom. I knew it was going to be longer and semi formal so I ended up taking Levi and making a date of it. We had so much fun just walking around down town looking at the shops on the way there, talking about how big a city is and how different it is from where we live.

While we were waiting for guests to come (we actually got there early, a shocker, I know) we discussed what a wedding is and what happens. He's been talking a lot lately about 'when I'm married' or 'when I'm a dad'. I personally think he would be the best dad/husband ever, but I suppose I'm a bit biased. It was just so sweet to hear him talk about when he will get married.

During the ceremony he was pretty good, about the same as in church, kind of squirmy and draped all over me but quiet and every once and a while would whisper "I love you mom" in my ear or give me a kiss. Gosh. What a sweet date.

After it was finished he waited patiently, well, explored patiently, while dinner was being set up. Luckily he found some of his buddies and they ran around a bit and tried to see if they could get away with playing some of the rocks they had without anyone noticing. Boys. And for dinner, he actually at some meat and green beans without any face or protest. That's my man!

While I ate and chatted him and the boys hit the dance floor to show some moves. And after a spectacular performance from the bridal party and the daddy daughter dance, he whispers in my ear that he wanted me to come dance. And dance we did. By then we had a couple buddies KJ and Cameron with us cause I was trying to keep and eye on while their parents were doing other, family of the bride type things. We had a blast busting moves to strobe lights and fun music.

After a cupcake and a little more dancing, including a slow one where I got to hold and rock him, we decided to split and figure out where we parked the car.

It was a fun night and I would go on a date with him anytime. I'm so lucky to have my wonderful little man! I can't believe he's mine.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

How cute is that?! Love it!