Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pure Randomness

It's late and I don't feel like I can go to bed with all this stuff in my brain, sometimes I just need to write and get it out.

This week we have Jason's mom over which has been nice. I feel a little bad because Levi has a horrible cough and I'm pretty sure he gave it to her. She's taking it in stride and still comes around despite the fact he's coughing all over her. They're loving having her over, especially since Levi's missed preschool all week, which he's bummed out about. Today when there was a brief knock on the door, then it opened they both knew immediately who it was. I wish all our family lived closer. But at least we have a portion of them are which will do I suppose.

Speaking of being sick, since he has been, Levi's been watching WAY more tv than normal. Usually it's just a little bit every day but for the past few days it's been a ton. Luckily he's been watching a lot of our Living Scriptures DVD's which I feel less guilty about than something like Cars (not that that's bad or anything because we've watched a number 'fiction movies' as Levi calls them). He told me his favorite ones are the ones with the battles! Because of that he's brought up a lot of different scripture topics out of the blue or asked me something from what he saw at a random moment of the day. It's actually pretty nice and we've got to have some good talks about whatever it is. He's asked me if rocket ships can see heaven, asked why is Heavenly Father invisible, what was the darkness that came before Joseph Smith prayed.... I love it.

I want to say how much I love Jason. He's amazing. The other day I went on to a mom blog, which I normally don't do but I did for some reason and actually looked at the comments section which I almost never do and there were SOOOO many mom's saying how their husbands think they don't work at all because they are stay at home moms and that they expect food on the table, the house cleaned, laundry done and want time to sit and play video games uninterrupted when they get home from work. Jason has never made me feel like I do less work than he does because I stay at home with the boys. In fact he's said a number of times I do more work and that he couldn't handle what I do. He's never made me feel bad if the house is trashed, dinner isn't done, there is a pile of laundry on our bed, or even if the kids are still in pj's (it's happened before). Usually I apologize profusely about whatever and he just let's me know it's ok and helps out. I think him working from home for a year or so gave him an idea of what I do in a day.

Along those lines he mentioned that one of my posts where I was talking about some parenting thing being so hard that it sounded like I was a single mom or something, but I am definitely not. It seems a little harder lately because since we've been in Oregon he, for the most part, has either worked from home or been home earlier than normal, like 3:30 or so. Now it's 5:30 and I'm just adjusting to it all. It's different but that's life I suppose. Anyhoo. Not a single parent in any way. He's so awesome and many a day he'll see I'm stressed, grab my hand and put me in bed while he takes over. I just love him. I could go on and on about how awesome I think he is but it's getting late.

Since I was sick last week and the boys were this week I've had a lot of indoor time and been working on some fun baby projects for friends. I love making baby stuff, they're just so cute. I wish my hands worked as fast as my mind did, but balance in all things I suppose. It's no lie I like to make things, there's just such satisfaction in seeing something in your mind then actually making it happen.

Even though we've been sick this week we actually had a full sunny day. It was amazing and made me wish for more. Despite all the germs we played outside most of the day and I worked on weeding out some of our grow boxes and strawberries while the boys searched for worms and we talked about bugs, plants and weather. That day we also planted a bunch of seedlings (corn, beans, and peppers) and started a compost bin. We'll see how it turns out. I'm so looking forward to the spring and summer and all the fun things I have planned to do with those boys.

Well I'm tired. I stay up too late, and I was getting so much better at going to bed early. By early I mean before midnight. But I'm enjoying it while it lasts because some point soon school schedules will rule and I'll have to actually set my alarm instead of waking up to two boys jumping on top of me.

Buenas noches!

1 comment:

Sara Newton said...

I feel the same way about Michael. Seriously, the man does a TON of helping out around here because it's just crazy. His motto is always that Grace comes first and as long as she is healthy and happy, the house can be a mess...until bed time and then we have to clean up. But it's so nice to not have to stress because my husband will be mad that I didn't get EVERYTHING done. I think he understands that Grace needs my time more than the dirty clothes. It's such a blessing!