Sunday, April 29, 2012

Randomocity

This was from a couple days ago....

- Levi and Max are spending the night at a friends house (both pretty much their best friends who they play with all the time) and Levi keeps telling me 'we need to get ready for the sleepover!' Oh, and Max is insisting on taking an apple to eat in case he gets hungry.

- For preschool today instead of going to regular class their was a field trip to the westside music school which both boys seemed to love. I'm so excited to teach them more about music. We love to listen, sing and dance but it's so fun when you can actually play something or know how to do things with it. We've been kind of working on highs, lows and doing some things with rhythm but sooner or later they'll do piano. Not sure when to start but I confess, I'm going to be the mean mommy and make them learn it.

- I'm in the process of making braided bread which I've never done before. So far not so great, I let it rise while we were on the field trip and it rose (and fell) too much I think until it became as flat as a really fluffy pancake, but it still should be good. I am not the best when it comes to baking, I don't have much patience for it all. post note: I stayed up super late one night and finally got it right, yea for fresh bread!

- My mom just went off to Utah to visit my brother and see the play his class is doing. I wish me and the boys could have gone but Pegi's coming for the week so it all just didn't work out. Hopefully this summer we'll be able to head on over. Oh, I've got lots of fun ideas for the summer time and I'm antsy for the sun to shine.

- Our plants are growing well so far, I'm excited to see what will happen with them all. We planted 3 raspberry bushes in the back yard with a few more strawberries, some peas, green beans, tomatoes, lettuce, hopefully soon corn once I finish digging them and peppers which are inside growing. And speaking of plants I really want to tear down some huge bushes in our front yard and replace them with blueberry ones because the front yard gets the most sun. Jason said he talked to the neighbors weren't really a fan of that (the bushes are in between our front yard and their driveway) but we might just do it anyways though once they get going. We'll be sure to share the berries though. We LOVE berries. So much. I picked a ton last year and froze them and we're almost out. They make a great snack.

-This morning the boys played so well together it amazed me. There were a few skirmishes but not like normal so I just let them do it all morning. I had some things planned but I loved seeing them actually getting along and playing together for such a long time.

- Last week we actually had some sun so both Jason and I took advantage of things and worked in the yard. He worked on digging so he could put a drainage pipe where the fort will be, it's a really wet swampy area, but he did it, filled it with gravel and now it's ready to level. We just need things to dry out a little more. We live in the swamp lands. But we're loving how everything's coming along and the boys have been enjoying going outside more and more.

From today:

- We went to stake conference. It was good, I think. I don't know because it was pretty tricky keeping the boys occupied for so long. I wish they would do the stake president first instead of last, my boys were pretty good for the first half but by the end I was glad it was over.

- Aunt Pegi and cousin Addison have been over the past couple days (more on that and pics to come) which has been fun. She has just as much, if not more energy than her cousins and the boys are loving having her over.

2 comments:

Josh said...

I agree. The Stake President should go first!
You're such a fun mom!

Megan said...

Josh is really Megan:)