Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring Break

For part of spring break we wanted to have friends over and go do some fun things we normally don't do. So for part of this we had our friends Cameron, Jackson and Finn over for a 'water day' where we were going to do some fun water activities, kind of like our science day.

The boys (and girl) had lots of fun running around playing and eventually they water colored. KJ stayed at it the longest
but Max was pretty into it. Levi? I think he finished in a minute flat before he ran off with Jackson. Gotta play while you gotta play I suppose.
I didn't really get to do any of the water experiments I wanted to try with them. At the beginning Max had a time out that lasted a LONG time. I had to put him back in that stool for 150 times at least, though I was surprisingly calm about the whole thing.

As we had an epic long time out session I kept thinking that to do this I must really love him. I know, love him by punishing him? But I don't know if I would spend that long, probably 35+ minutes, putting a kid back on their time out stool, I just wouldn't, but I know what it's will help Him. I wish I had been more consistent with Max on time outs but we were good for a while then I let it relax and he wouldn't have to do it as much even though he'd clearly done wrong, like hit someone. This time he had BIT Cameron really bad. It was his second time out for the day because earlier he bit Levi. What's the deal with that? He's never bitten. Well, that was almost a week ago and he hasn't so guess it worked and time outs are much much shorter, but I'm going for consistency.

Anyhoo, after all that it was a fun day with the boys. I sure love them, pointy teeth and all.

No comments: