Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Montana Christmas

Confession. When it comes to taking pictures during family events and on big calendar days I am terrible at taking pictures, but I suppose that is a good thing. I'd much rather be particapating in the fun than just watching, documenting. But here is what I have of the day.

On Christmas Eve Christmas movies were watched, cookies, milk and raindeer food were put out, new pj's were worn, stockings were carefully laid out and children were shooed off to bed.

Santa came and man, those kids must have been really good this year! I don't think much more could have fit under that tree. 
Max checking out the stockings, he just couldn't resist touching things.
 We were at Grandma Tami's house and had to wait a bit while we waited for Pegi and Addison to come. Max decided to examine the presents and see which ones said 'Max' while Levi decided to pull out his break dancing moves and buff the floor with his behind.
 
Kids are SO funny! I am not sure what happened at this moment, something very very little but Levi had a moment and literally a few words and five seconds later he was all smiles the rest of the day.
Stockings!!!!!
Finally, time for presents.






Creature power suits. I think they liked them and Max stayed in his for most of the afternoon. I still have a bit of work to do and need to add a velcro opening on the back.
One of their favorite things was something Jason found for them. Lego headlamps for camping, or just for fun. I think they would have worn them all day if they could have.
I let the boys each pick out something for dad. Whenever they need to pick out a gift for him it usually ends up being a toy. Jason is building quite a collection! This time Max picked out a snake. Jason had a childhood toy snake that Max had been playing with which broke so he wanted to replace it. Levi got him a transformer, Bumblebee to go with the Optimus Prime they got him last father's day.
Happy kids, happy moms, dads, and grandparents.
The aftermath. I think they just wanted to keep all their toys on display and in easy reaching distance.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

love all the pictures-looks like you had a fun time! i'm always a little secretly happy when i forget to pull out the camera. it's nice to just ENJOY THE MOMENT now and then. And then I think, it I don't take pictures, nobody will. Oh the life of the uber documented children. ;)