Thursday, January 17, 2013

Today

What I loved about today:
 - Working with Levi on his homework. Right now overall he has a great attitude when I tell him it's time to get to work. Sure he'll try to make some deal to lessen whatever it is, but he is pretty happy to do it.
- During some of my work time, which is when Levi is at school and Max is hanging with my grandma or playing, I watched an episode of Psych. I don't know why but I am completely in love with it. It always seems to relax me when I'm stressed.
- Watching the boys play freeze tag for an hour after school. It was too nice and sunny not to let them and I got to chat with someone I haven't in a long time.
- They earned enough money to get some toy figures they've been wanting so we finally got them, they were beyond thrilled.
- Holding hands with my boys when we walk and them totally letting me kiss them in public. 
- Reading an huge book all about Lego and how they were invented. I could barely get Levi to put it down!
-Listening to the boys with their action figures and having them, in their toy voices call each other 'bro' quite frequently. It's hilarious. 
-  Today was leftover night so Jason and I had leftover taco soup and the boys had pancakes. Everyone was happy and all we needed was the microwave.
- Reading and being read to. They just love books. 
- Right now listening to Levi explain to Max about the American Revolution (one set of figures he got were soldiers from the Civil War and we've been working on what the difference between the two are)

What I did not love about today:
- Right before we went to pick up Levi I was getting something together and Max decided he needed a snack and spilled half of our container all over the living room and we had to just leave it. It was awful and I was not happy.
- Grocery shopping with kids during the day. Enough said.
- Finding out a coupon wouldn't work. Grrrr. 
- Trying to get the boys to clean up their toys. I'm pretty sure I put Max in timeout 3 times.
- Waiting for something to come in the mail that should have been here a week ago and it has yet to come.
- Having Levi swollow a Lego. I panicked for a bit but then realized it was a pretty small smooth one. He was a bit worried about how it would come out though.
- Feeling like I didn't get much accomplished. But that's most days.....

Take the good with the bad. The Goodrich's have survived another day on Earth.


No comments: