Monday, July 7, 2014

Foot in Mouth, Crawdads and Richard Simmons

zWe have been taking it easy this summer and just over all relaxed and been silly. See:

One of the days Jared came over to help with Gram he came a little early and asked if he could take Levi and Max to dinner. Ummmm, let me think? Sure. So he did and they were gone for 3 hours. I didn't worry much about them, Jared is pretty good with kids and I figured they were off having fun. Turns out he not only took them to dinner but to Wunderland where they all 'hit the jackpot' as Max calls it and got this plazma light (?) and bandanas. He's a pretty awesome uncle, I think we'll keep him.
Also Levi is pretty obsessed with his bandana and wears it still almost everywhere. I love it. Jason  not so much but I think he looks awesome.







For a little bit, and sometimes still, when Davis is hungry and wants more he kind of moves his hands around like opening and closing them which means he wants more. It's so cute but I have yet to video tape it, he gets too distracted with everything.
For family night we killed to birds with one stone and went to Home Depot. The boys had lost of fun as usual and Davis seemed amused for the most part. Please tell me other peoples kids do this at stores. I think they do but I just never seem to see them when we are there. It's just us and our weird selves.


Then Emily and Ms. Sophie came for a visit. Sophie stayed the night and they all had a blast. Max and her always seem to have such a fun time, they are quite silly together.
And we finally took down Max's preschool art wall so we could make room for summer pictures. They had to go sometime but we decided to compromise and take a picture so we could remember them all. We did keep up the bucket picture to remind us to 'fill buckets'. We love that book.
This was a purchase for Davis. Max had other ideas.
Getting to be quite the crawler......he's definitely going to keep me on my toes this one is.
Then on the weekend when Jason got off Friday (at noon, yea for summer hours!) he took Levi and Max camping. I asked him to take some pictures because usually he doesn't unless I ask. Is that just a guy thing? Probably.

Anyways they said they had a lot of fun, caught crawdads, ate them and the boys even liked them. Davis and I chilled at home. Which means I stayed up way too late working on a project. But at least I got to sleep in. Kind of.
Later after they got back Max 'helped' Jason make a homemade strawberry rhubarb pie with strawberries and rhubarb from the yard.
I do Jr. primary music time the second hour and then the third go to Relief Society. Well this guy is getting way to wiggly and we mostly end up out in the hall. Well after my music time I asked my mom to hold Davis (my mom and gram teach in sr. primary so are in the primary room 3rd hour so she occasionally takes him for a few minutes). When I got back I decided to just stay in the back to watch quietly because I really like to see how other people do their music times so I can get ideas.

Well they were playing some sort of game with whatever class was singing the best got to put a wig on whoever they chose. Some of the kids saw us and wanted to put it on him. At first Shauna was going to say no but then they kept chanting 'ba-by, ba-by!" and then I consented. So he sat with this wig on his head while they sang to him. It was hilarious. Brother Halverson, a teacher, took this picture and sent it to me. It was hilarious and everyone was cracking up. Davis was actually really cool with it for the most part and it stayed on his head most of the song. With hair or without, he's a cutie!
And Davis has now found a new spot to crawl into which is small enough for him to get in but he can't quite get himself out yet. One day buddy.









2 comments:

Danielle said...

Davis in the wig....hahaha!

Emily Hayes said...

Sophie is pretty good at silly. She loved the chance to hang with your boys.